SailTimer Charts Edition™
By SailTimer Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Display your optimal tacks on a chart, and the exact distance and time on each tack. Standard GPS chartplotters and mapping apps do not account for tacking distances. But if they do not know the distance you will travel, how can they calculate your correct ETA? SailTimer gives you a quick and easy display of your optimal tacks and TTD® (Tacking Time to Destination).
This free Charts Edition includes all of the same features as the SailTimer app, although a few are optional in-app purchases here (a la carte).
Simply enter the directions of the wind and your destination along with the wind speed to get the optimal tacking angles.
Operating Instructions and Unique Features:
● Small download (great for cellular connections).
● Aerial photos and world road maps are available free. Add hydrographic charts with in-app purchases. All can be used offline.
● Low prices on marine charts for USA, UK, Canada, New Zealand, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and large-scale charts of The Bahamas and Cuba.
● "North-Up" or "Heading-Up" can be selected when displaying aerial photos.
● The white crosshair icon in the top left is the “Follow-Me” button. If clicked, it turns blue and keeps your location in the center of the screen as you move. Unselect when not moving to look around the map, and when you want to zoom in and out.
● Mark waypoints on the map. Then easily display the optimal tacks, tacking distances, headings and times to get to that waypoint. In-app purchase enables naming of waypoints.
● If you have our wireless anemometer (www.SailTimerWind.com), the wind direction and speed arrives magically through the air. To see the optimal tacks, just enter the waypoint or direction to the waypoint.
● Enlarge the unique Wind Speedometer to keep an eye on wind gusts if using an anemometer. If you want a record of wind speeds, click the Graph button and you can save or share a graph showing your boat speed and wind speed. The graph saves these for up to 24 hours as long as the device is not rebooted.
● Your device will not go to sleep when the app is open, to allow you to continue to monitor your progress on the chart. You can also continue to track your tacking results with the app running in the background or when the device is asleep (unless you hard-quit).
● ActiveCaptain™: Click on flags on the chart for comments and reviews about anchorages, marinas and hazards. The in-app purchase is less than the cost of a magazine. It is like a cruising guide that never goes out of date.
● Click on the pin at the end of a pair of tacks to bring up a notice box showing the distances, heading and time on each tack.
● Custom polar plots: This in-app purchase allows the app to learn your unique sailboat's speed profile on all points of sail, for the most accurate tacking results.
● Switch to the port or starboard tack to avoid obstructions, or let the app automatically display the tack nearest to your current heading.
● GPS tracks can be saved, imported or emailed with an in-app purchase, to show others where you went.
● Convert from Apparent to True wind speed & direction.
See simple how-to's, FAQs and YouTube demos at www.SailTimerApp.com. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
If you are getting this free app and agree that these are helpful features for sailing, please help out other sailors by letting them know, with a quick rating on this version while you’re here.
What's New in Version 5.7.9
● Register button had an issue which has now been corrected.
● Now when you log in, you’ll have the option to see/share other boats and live wind conditions. Check what it is like out on the water from home or office. Replay races for performance analysis.
● Overlay added under Options button for crowd-sourced Live Wind & Race Maps.
● Crowd-sourced wind data is a major new capability for sailboat navigation. Your login will also work at SailTimerMaps.com, where you can create and join events for documenting your cruising or races.
● You only need to log in the first time, and your login is retained for when offline. If you want a bigger screen, you can do the registration at SailTimerMaps.com, then in the app just log in.
● We also use the same login for sharing live wind data from the wireless SailTimer Wind Instrument™ (SailTimerWind.com), and with owners of older wired anemometers who are connecting to the wireless world using the SailTimer Mini-Server™ (SailTimerWind.com/Mini-Server).
● Try it out for yourself with the demo replay under Options > Events, of AC45 catamarans and wind conditions from the lead-up to the 2013 America's Cup.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 06, 2017
- Version: 5.7.9
- Size: 26.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SailTimer Inc.
- © 2005-2016 SailTimer Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- SailTimer Pro Bundle$7.99
- USA Atlantic Coast$15.99
- USA Gulf Coast$15.99
- Polar Learning$9.99
- USA Great Lakes$15.99
- USA Pacific Coast$15.99
- Cuba, Bahamas, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands$15.99