The Pulitzer Prize-winning Salt Lake Tribune sets the standard for journalism in Utah, and now it's easier than ever to stay informed and engaged. The completely revamped and streamlined app features breaking and in-depth stories, photos and videos on Utah news, sports, entertainment and religion. Browse by section or swiftly scroll through the latest stories, and save articles to read later.
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access starting at just $7.99/month.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to the Salt Lake Tribune comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to Salt Lake Tribune on all your smartphones and tablets.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
• AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $7.99 each month (or $79.99 each year for annual subscriptions), unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
• FREE TRIAL: Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.sltrib.com/footer/terms-of-service/2017/12/13/bthe-salt-lake-tribune-terms-of-serviceb/
Use your sltrib.com subscription to gain full access to the app. If you do not already have a subscription, you can purchase a monthly or annual subscription through the app store. Your subscription will give you full access to the app and sltrib.com website.
Ratings and Reviews
Subscription to digital paper
My issue is I have subscribed to the Tribune for 40 plus years and am disappointed at the paper and the way things are being handled. First, the paper isn’t what it once was. It is just a heartbeat away from being a grocery market rag. Half page ads, or quarter page ads on the front page was unacceptable- finally changed due to public feedback. Now to get the digital edition, which is no different from the hard copy, you have to pay more. And now it’s a ‘newer, better’ app —- not!
It’s as if someone is justifying their job by putting out their attempt at a better app. A solution seeking a problem and charging additional money for it. It’s really bad.
Here’s an idea, why not continue to publish the paper and the digital version with easy access. Moreover, since it is nothing new being reported, why not offer the digital version free with a newspaper subscription. Why would anyone pay twice for the same stories and in a worse format? Shades of snake oil.
Ragged and incomplete
The old app covered the entire paper but the new app offers only a subset. Plus, it is very disorganized in the way it presents topics and individual stories. In short, it's an app for people who don't read news in an organized and in-depth manner--and it makes the reading worse. The old app allowed quick scanning of topic areas and stories, this new one requires an inordinate amount of scrolling, pinch and zoom, and so on just to be able to read a story. This new app is a significant downgrade and a turn-off to the concept of subbing to an online newspaper. The final kicker is that it us now faster, easier, and more organized to read the Trib using a browser on my tablet instead of the app. Total app programming FAIL.
We expect, and deserve, better from the SLTrib.
I think that the most recent navigation changes to the tablet version of this app takes a step back. In the previous version, touching an article caused it to blow up to a reasonable size for reading. A second touch returned it to its original size. Today, touching an article segments the screen, giving a separate enlarged version of the article for reading. The article must be scrolled to read, the photos are not present, and the segmented screen must be closed in order to return to the replica of the newspaper page. Very disappointing!
- PCH Media, LLC
- 80.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 The Salt Lake Tribune
- In-App Purchases
- SLT Monthly Subscription $7.99
- SLT Annual $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.