By Listen Sound LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Powerful sampler, editor and sequencer for iPad and iPhone.
• Record your own samples, or import wav, mp3, and your iTunes library.
• Use as a simple drum machine or get your hands dirty editing with the per-beat cue point and loop controls.
• Per-beat attack, queue point & loop control allowing for unique new sounds and more flexibility composing. No other software (iOS or otherwise) offers this.
• Professional quality pitch-shifting preserves sample length and formants while giving you 2 full octaves from any sample; without chipmunking. Lock a sample to a tempo and change track tempo to time stretch/compress**.
• Pinch-zoom precision sample editor lets you select your audio and drag it right onto a track.
• 8 stereo tracks @ 44.1kHz with per-beat volume, pan and pitch control.
• Copy/Pasteboard support for sharing audio with other apps.
• Mixdown to WAV & upload to SoundCloud**.
• Audio Multitasking: Sample Lab will continue to play audio after you switch apps.
• Multi-touch trigger pads for tapping in patterns or stand alone performance.
• 4 real-time DSP FX: distortion, bit crusher, resonant cutoff, and reverb**.
• Multi-touch sequencer lets you build a composition with ease.
• Virtual MIDI support lets you control other audio apps from Sample Lab**.
• Shuffle control for simple syncopation.
• More than 100 samples included to get you started.
• Punch-in loopbox style recording on each track allowing for recording layers of loops live**.
• MIDI Clock-sync output and Virtual MIDI output with per-track channel control. Send notes and clock signals to other supporting apps while multitasking**.
• MIDI input support: trigger samples and record beats with a MIDI controller to get variable velocity and lower latency.
• Use MIDI to punch-in/out for pedalboard hands-free looping**.
• Plug & play support for Akai LPD8 and Behringer FCB1010.
Sample Lab was made to fit into your live set. You can:
• Trigger samples or tap un-mute for percussive slam fading
• Slice up a beat
• Load a different composition or sample kit
• Control 8 FX parameters at once with X/Y axis controls**
• Record and drop-in layers of beatbox or harmonizing vocals
...all without stopping the music.
For more info, check out the demo videos at http://samplelabapp.com
Send any questions, comments, suggestions to email@example.com
** Feature currently supported on iPad only
What's New in Version 1.8
• Universal: now compatible with iPhone 4S & 5 as well as iPad
• Import samples from iPod/iTunes library.
• Aesthetic UI improvements
Garbage-ware abandoned by developer, why is it still for sale?
That sums it up....can't believe they are still selling this. Hasn't been updated in years, so it doesn't work easily with most current audio apps. Might be ok if you are using old hardware but even then, other apps do more stuff better than this one. Sale price is no bargain to the user. If you buy it, you will regret your decision. Set your money on fire in the street instead.
Another worthless sampling app
Can't hear the line in instrument until after you've sampled, can't adjust input volume, 2 things anyone sampling absolutely must have. So if you actually want to cut some samples, say, you're working with a Werkstatt-01, running line in through an iRig, then you have to jump to another app to tune in your synth, then jump back here, and hope it's not too loud that it peaks, which it will.
Limited sample length
Was hoping to use this app for playing live samples during our sets. Turns out (they dont tell you this) when using the trigger pads you are only limited to 16seconds of your sample. Plus, you cannot name/edit the actual triggers. I guess if youre a shady dubstep ipad dj, this app would be great for you.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 14, 2013
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Listen Sound LLC
- Sample Lab © fotoh LLC 2012 samplelabapp.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.