Samplebot is a collector of sounds. It's a crafter of songs. It's a finger-drummable looping sequencer of rainbow glory, and it wants to be your friend. Come. Play. Robo-boogie.
- Record samples or import clips from your Music library, from iCloud Drive, Dropbox or other compatible services, then play them back on beautiful, sproingy rainbow pads!
- Then record or input arrangements using the sequencer, featuring built-in drum patterns, loop record and playback, quantization and copy/paste
- Trim samples, and adjust volume, balance, pitch and speed for the perfect mix
- Share your creations to Facebook, or export them to other music apps
- Comprehensive MIDI control with velocity, for play using a grid controller like the Launchpad
- Helpful and fun-loving intro tutorial
Fixed an audio engine bug that caused some other apps to glitch/freeze on startup
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent, needs some small fixes
I really love this app. Its easy to use, it responds and records quickly, and it is not complicated. My only concerns are the quantization occasionally moves the note where I don't want them (perhaps I need to be more accurate), but the biggest issue is it is incredibly difficult to maneuver the editor. The selector works alright, but zooming in and out is nearly impossible, and I end up moving notes when I don't want to. Also, the undo button is not obvious, and I never know if I accidentally moved something whether I will undo a mistake or a purposeful change. Its infuriating. If you can get by that, it is a fantastic app.
For those of you wondering, you can import voice memo recordings by going into the apple recording app and hitting the share button.
Thanks! I'll see what I can do about the zooming.
Sampler with Grid Editor
The ability to record sounds on the fly to pads, to edit the sounds (you can zoom way in), and to copy/paste them on the grid gives a lot of flexibility. The variety of drum grooves built into the app can you be used with your sounds to get a beat going.
With Audiobus 3 and IAA support you can combine Samplebot with other apps or record output from other apps into the Samplebot pads.
The ability to zoom in on the grid and shorten the length of the regions on grid adds another layer of options to explore. The ability to loop a section of the timeline and record into the grid makes adding to your project a breeze. Naming the pads allows you to easily keep track of the sounds you're working with. The ability to time stretch is also a nice feature of the app.
In many ways, Samplebot is like a mini DAW. You can also set the pan and volume level of each pad so you can control where the different sounds are in the stereo sound stage.
Elegant UI For Sampling And Beatmaking
Samplebot records samples one sample at a time, just like the rest of the samplers. Except once the samples are loaded it makes gold records.
A lot can be said for a simple User Interface that gets the job done without being confusing. For the price I’m amazed it comes with a sequencer and sample trimmer. Many of the big DAW/iOS developers have yet to release a competing sampler that offers the basic functionality and ease-of-use of Samplebot.
- A Tasty Pixel
- 13.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.