"* Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
The Galaxy Watch application connects Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch to your mobile device. It also manages and monitors Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch features and applications installed through Galaxy App Store. Use the Galaxy Watch application to set up and manage the following
- Connect to and disconnect from a mobile device
- Application download and settings
- Find my Watch
Install the Galaxy Watch application on your mobile device, then pair your Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport or Galaxy Watch with a Bluetooth connection and enjoy all of its features.
- Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
* Settings and features provided by the Galaxy Watch application are only available when Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a proper connection between Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch and your mobile device.
* This application is only for Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* If you have any questions, please contact to the web page below.
※ User Agreement
Following User Agreements are required for the app service.
Even if you don't agree the agreements you can use basic service but can't use disagree services.
[Required User Agreements]
- Bluetooth: Required for communication with Watch
- Background Refresh/fetch: Required for communication with Watch while in background
[Optional User Agreements]
- Photos: For sending image feature required access permission to access the Phone photos
ㆍRequired for QR Code scan to activate gear side eSIM
ㆍDuring the eSIM activation in Galaxy Watch Setup.
ㆍDuring update profile picture for Samsung health
- Contacts: Required to access phone contacts to add buddy and sync with gear contacts
- Location: Required to Determine your location from gear for weather information
- Calendar: Permission required to Sync Watch Calendar
- Notification: Required for accessing Notification Center with useful information
- Cellular Data: Required to access service when you couldn't access Wi-Fi network
General bug fixing and improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
Gear watch rocks with iPhone
I’m a watch magnet. I own Apple Watch, Huawei Classic, LG Urbane 2, TicWatch 2 and my absolute favorite Samsung Gear S3. I’m definitely an Apple person with iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro devices. But Samsung nailed it with the Gear wearables (my new Galaxy Watch is already ordered.). Without a doubt, the Gear S app delivers all the functionality you expect and need. Notifications are great, phone call and message monitoring and more. Fitness tracking with the Samsung Health phone app is also top shelf. iPhone with Gear wearables is by far my favorite combo. The minor Gear S app limitations are imposed by Apple and not a shortcoming of the app itself. For example, you can’t view phone battery status on the watch. Also, you cannot respond to messages from the watch. But the evolving niche of smart watches was clearly not meant to replace your phone. The only thing I’d like to see is the ability to access premium paid Galaxy App content. Otherwise, you won’t regret adding a Samsung wearable to your iPhone. BTW... Gear watches are great “watches” also with always-on displays and classic styling. Thanks Samsung!
Developer Response ,
Dear Richslr, thanks for your feedback.we appreciate your review and suggestion. We will pass the feedback about responding message and battery status to development team. Moreover hopefully you will love our galaxy watch. Thanks for being with us.
Classic Samsung On An Apple Platform
Don’t know why there are reviews between 2 and 4 stars. Either you like it or you don’t. I think the Samsung Gear is better than the Apple Watch. They seem to always be one step ahead of Apple. So that’s the reason for the review I am writing. Since I prefer the Samsung Gear I need this program to interact with my phone. There are apps that could use work and there are those that are awesome and became an important thing that I use in life every, if not almost every day. I am so glad that all the apps associated with Samsung Gear are supported on the IPhone IOS and not locked out for example there are things you can do with a Mac IOS or a Windows system. Just really glad they didn’t go down that path with Apple’s IProducts. As far as this program is concerned, it’s going to probably be a choice for everyone on whether or not you like the Samsung Gear or the Apple Watch.
Developer Response ,
Dear BigDaddy111975, glad to know that you are happy with our app and thanks for your feedback. Please let us know if we can improve your experience in any other way. Thanks for being with us.
Frustrating product!!! Stick to Apple Watch
I installed the app on my iPhone XS Max. I have a Galaxy S3 Frontier and tt pairs properly with the phone. However the app is not loading the watch app store to download new apps and themes. I was able to before on my other iPhones. Now, there is an exlamation point on every option in the app that uses the Samsung app store for the watch. When I click on it, I get a message that "This device does not support Gear". If that's the case, why was I able to connect it to the phone, get notifications... Apple cannot be blamed for this one. Samsung, you had plenty of time to work on something that will function properly on the new iOS version.
Samsung, if you are reading this, you are a very big company but your apps and support for your devices and software is horrible. That's the reason why you can't compete with Apple. Perhaps you can learn something from them!!!
I will stick Apple devices only going forward. They just work!!!! Everything is really just a recipe for frustration, a waste of money and more importantly, TIME wasted on trying to troubleshoot!!!
- Samsung Electronics
- 157.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.