Samsung Gear Fit
By Samsung Electronics CO.LTD.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
* Samsung Gear is not Compatible with iPad and iPod touch
The Samsung Gear Fit application connects Samsung Gear Fit2 to your mobile device. It also manages and monitors Samsung Gear Fit2 features and applications installed through Gear Appstore.
Use the Samsung Gear Fit application to set up and manage the following features:
- Connect to and disconnect from a mobile device
- Application download and settings
- Find my Gear
Install the Samsung Gear Fit application on your mobile device, then pair your Samsung Gear Fit2 with a Bluetooth connection and enjoy all of its features.
- Samsung Gear is not Compatible with iPad and iPod touch
※ Settings and features provided by the Samsung Gear Fit application are only available when Samsung Gear Fit2 is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a proper connection between Samsung Gear Fit2 and your mobile device.
※This application is only for Samsung Gear Fit2.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* If you have any questions about Samsung Gear Fit, please contact to the web page below.
※ User Agreement
Following User Agreements are required for the app service.
Even if you don't agree the agreements you can use basic service but can't use disagree services.
[Required User Agreements]
- Bluetooth : Required for communication with Gear
- Background Refresh/fetch : Required for communication with Gear while in background
[Optional User Agreements]
- Camera : During update profile picture for Samsung health
- Location : Required for Determine your location from gear for weather information
- Notification : Required for access Notification Center with useful information
- Cellular Data : Required for access service when you couldn't access WiFi network
What's New in Version 1.6.17030904
- Fixed localization issue which affecting on Chinese simplified & traditional language
- Fixed some multi-language translation issues
- Include general bug fixing and improve stability
Great fitness watch
With the Samsung Gearfit app, it's a great sports tracker for the money. Commonly available for $129 or less. However, it can be a little buggy. The last week or so, I've had a hard time connecting to the app with the watch (the watch displayed a "blank rectangle" in the upper right hand corner. ) Most of the watch functions still seemed to work, but the app had a lot of items grayed out.
Decided to bit the bullet and set the watch back to factory standards and the reinstall it AND the app. This time it quickly connected blue tooth and wifi. It appears that the blank rectangle was an error message since It's no longer on the screen after setting the watch back to factory standards.
I was surprised how well the GPS function worked. Took a short 7 mile bike ride with the exercise set to "bike" and at the finish it reported a 7 mile pedal which was within .1 of a mile accurate.
Would give the app/watch a 5 star rating except that it's hard to read outside. A brighter display would eat up the battery.
Nice watch very basic APP
The watch is very well designed and seems to do pretty good job.
It is limited by the app for the iPhone.
Workout activity entry and correction is very difficult. Adding water and coffee can only be done on the watch and no other health records options are available.
Not very intuitive interface.
The watch is missing direct communication with the iOS health records witch would make it more flexible to use with other better designed apps.
Other problem is when you track preset activities and when you forget to stop it you will not be able to correct the time the activity ended.
With the preset activities not all offer the level of difficulties making it very inaccurate for tracking.
And lastly it would be nice to be able to track amount of sleep even if you don't wear the device at night by entering the hours manually.
Watch 5stars app 2stars.
Like it but could use more apps
New issue Aug 2017
Recently the device records sleep when I am not wearing it, including when it is on the charger
Samsung added weather capability by double clicking home key
The gps issue continues. Help desk recommended factory reset which did not work
A new issue has come up. The location is turning on by it self (or not turning off after a bike ride). The device then vibrates and turns off in the middle of the night when the battery dies. Minimally stop the vibration notification. Better yet fix the issue.
1. I have the two S health bugs noted below
2. Where is the calendar?
3. How do I download music?
4. Needs a weather app. There are some watch faces that have a weather link
5. How do I access barometer?
6. The gps recently started under reporting distance
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 16, 2017
- Version: 1.6.17030904
- Size: 64.4 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Samsung Electronics
- © 2016 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.