* Samsung Gear is not Compatible with iPad and iPod touch
The Samsung Gear Fit application connects Samsung Gear Fit2 and Gear Fit2 pro to your mobile device. It also manages and monitors Samsung Gear Fit2 and Gear Fit2 pro features and applications installed through Gear Appstore.
Use the Samsung Gear Fit application to set up and manage the following features:
- Connect to and disconnect from a mobile device
- Application download and settings
- Find my Gear
Install the Samsung Gear Fit application on your mobile device, then pair your Samsung Gear Fit2 and Gear Fit2 pro with a Bluetooth connection and enjoy all of its features.
- Samsung Gear is not Compatible with iPad and iPod touch
※ Settings and features provided by the Samsung Gear Fit application are only available when Samsung Gear Fit2 and Gear Fit2 pro is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a proper connection between Samsung Gear Fit2 or Gear Fit2 pro and your mobile device.
※ This application is only for Samsung Gear Fit2 and Gear Fit2 pro.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* If you have any questions about Samsung Gear Fit, please contact to the web page below.
※ User Agreement
Following User Agreements are required for the app service.
Even if you don't agree the agreements you can use basic service but can't use disagree services.
[Required User Agreements]
- Bluetooth : Required for communication with Gear
- Background Refresh/fetch : Required for communication with Gear while in background
[Optional User Agreements]
- Camera : During update profile picture for Samsung health
- Location : Required for Determine your location from gear for weather information
- Notification : Required for access Notification Center with useful information
- Cellular Data : Required for access service when you couldn't access WiFi network
1. Asking for Ratings and Reviews
2. General bug fixing and improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
Like it but could use more apps
Revised: the fix to the connection issue was to install the latest update on the gear fit. Unfortunately I had to figure this out on my own. Samsung should send out a notice when new updates are available
Not happy with gear fit at all
Got a new iPhone and cAn not connect it. Why did a whole bunch of other apps work seamlessly with the new phone?! I should note that the old phone lost connection on a daily basis. Not good!
New issue Aug 2017
Recently the device records sleep when I am not wearing it, including when it is on the charger
Samsung added weather capability by double clicking home key
The gps issue continues. Help desk recommended factory reset which did not work
A new issue has come up. The location is turning on by it self (or not turning off after a bike ride). The device then vibrates and turns off in the middle of the night when the battery dies. Minimally stop the vibration notification. Better yet fix the issue.
1. I have the two S health bugs noted below
2. Where is the calendar?
3. How do I download music?
4. Needs a weather app. There are some watch faces that have a weather link
5. How do I access barometer?
6. The gps recently started under reporting distance
Dear pharmsci, you should check whether there is update or not from your band. We will pass your request to development team. Thank you.
Watch won’t sync data with app
I’ve had my Samsung watch for about 6 months. I got the watch because I want to track my running since I regularly train for races. At first it worked great, the app and watch synced well and the app stored all of my data. A few mo this ago it would no longer let me look at my run splits....annoying but I can deal with it.
However, I recently got a new iPhone and now, even though I have synced my watch and the app multiple times, none of my run or workout data will transfer. It looks as it I’ve done nothing (apparently I don’t sleep either). This has been EXTREMELY frustrating. I just updated the app and hope that the new update would fix the problem but unfortunately it won’t. I’m not sure what else to do other than get a Fitbit or Apple Watch.
Dear mkjones19, sorry to hear your experience. Please try to restart your bluetooth for 10~20 seconds from iPhone control center, restart both of your devices. Please sync with Samsung account again, If still your problem is not solved send a report from gear s app and shealth app through contact us. Thank you.
Worthless for any Apple device
I love my Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro watch. I love that it is able to do all the things I want it to do and is waterproof. I love that it is a fraction of the cost of an Apple Watch! But, sadly, my Samsung phone ate it and I now have an iPhone. What a nightmare! I *HATE* the headache of trying to use this watch with my iPhone. It is such a wreck.
Will NOT connect to Apple Health app. This sounds minor but in reality this is a really big problem!! Any health/fitness apps installed on the iPhone will only sync with information from Apple Health. I have not found a work around for this yet. But even if there were one, it would require the use of multiple apps to transfer data from the watch to the phone to S Health, to an app that could then work as a go between for S health and Apple Watch. Major facepalm.
Constantly disconnecting from my phone.
Only sometimes notifies me about texts/calls. Even when connected to my phone.
And now with the new update it seems I cannot put any new apps on the watch?! I had the UnderArmor app, deleted it before the update and now I have no way to download it back. There is no “Gear Fit Apps” option as there was before.
I don’t WANT a $300+ Apple Watch. I’m happy with my Gear Fit. But I know I’m not getting the best use of it. I wish all these apps would just work together!
Dear KilikiKu, sorry for your inconvenience. You can restart your bluetooth for 10~20 seconds to avoid frequent disconnection. Currently any 3rd party app is not integrated with gear app. We will pass your feedback to development team. You can report your problem through more->contact us->report a problem. Thank you.
- Samsung Electronics
- 102 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.