Samsung Gear S
By Samsung Electronics CO.LTD.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
* Samsung Gear is not Compatible with iPad and iPod touch
The Samsung Gear S application connects Samsung Gear S2, Gear S3 and Gear Sport to your mobile device. It also manages and monitors Samsung Gear S2 / S3 / Sport features and applications installed through Gear appstore. Use the Samsung Gear S application to set up and manage the following
- Connect to and disconnect from a mobile device
- Application download and settings
- Find my Gear
Install the Samsung Gear S application on your mobile device, then pair your Samsung Gear S2, Gear S3 or Gear Sport with a Bluetooth connection and enjoy all of its features.
- Samsung Gear is not Compatible with iPad and iPod touch
* Settings and features provided by the Samsung Gear S application are only available when Samsung Gear S2, Gear S3 and Gear Sport is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a proper connection between Samsung Gear S2 / S3 / Sport and your mobile device.
* This application is only for Samsung Gear S2, Gear S3 and Gear Sport.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* If you have any questions, please contact to the web page below.
※ User Agreement
Following User Agreements are required for the app service.
Even if you don't agree the agreements you can use basic service but can't use disagree services.
[Required User Agreements]
- Bluetooth : Required for communication with Gear
- Background Refresh/fetch : Required for communication with Gear while in background
[Optional User Agreements]
- Photos : For send image feature required access permission to access the Phone photos
- Camera : Use for QR Code scan to activate gear side eSIM (Vodafone only)
- During the eSIM activation in the OOBE
- During update profile picture for Samsung health
- Contacts : Required for access phone contacts for add buddy and sync with gear contacts
- Location : Required for Determine your location from gear for weather information
- Calendar : Required permission to Sync gear Calendar
- Notification : Required for access Notification Center with useful information
- Cellular Data : Required for access service when you couldn't access WiFi network
What's New in Version 1.6.17102502
- Bug fixing
Good but keeps disconnecting (some tips)
Good but keeps disconnecting not sure if that is an apple issue or Samsung issue. It has some other bugs like apps not installing or talking for ever. I figured out some issues to fix the bugs: One make sure you don't close your app in the background, leave it open. Also if you need to install or update apps make sure to reboot your phone before you do it and only do one app at a time. Also turn off auto update. That was causing a tons of issues with app installs because they would get stuck trying to update and just freeze and keep you from installing new apps or watch faces from downloading. Only install one app at a time (don't queue them), it's a pain but I rarely have a problem. Finally if you are working out, driving or busy at work where you are not looking at your phone and count on your watch notifications to alert you leave the app open and let your phone lock with that app open it will rarely disconnect. Hope it helps and Samsung keep up the work. Don't abandoned this app.
Zero functionality under iOS11 !!!!
This app is an utter piece of garbage. Ever since my iPhone 7 came in pre-installed with iOS11 I’ve had problems with connectivity. Could not roll back the iOS unfortunately because on on iOS10 on previous model iPhone I had a solid connection. The app doesn’t connect and keeps stupidly telling me to turn on Bluetooth (hey, check if it’s on; when it’s on and connected move on!). Aside from refusing to connect, it insists on turning on BT sharing which in the current app isn’t even a setting. This is some serious coding people!! Finally, trying to contact Samsung (against better judgment) I filed out the form only to see that the submit button isn’t active. Nicely played Samsung!! Arghh. Sorry, but I’m very disgruntled.
Additional note: the app requires BT sharing to be turned on. Brings you to the wrong portion in Settings. Under Privacy -> BT Sharing the Gear app doesn’t even show up!!
Couldn’t give zero stars. Doesn’t deserve 1 star. Unbelievably Samsung. Literally everything is broken. Like you didn’t even try.
Samsung, don’t you want my money?
Love the watch, haven’t had any issues with connectivity, but why, in the name of all that is good and pure, can’t I spend money to purchase apps? Do you not want to further monetize my purchase of the S3 Samsung? I want to give you more of my money but you won’t let me. Do your stock holders know you have restricted iOS users from paying for apps, which Samsung surely gets a percentage of? Maybe that is why your CEO just resigned. Hopefully your new CEO will direct you to open the gates!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 03, 2017
- Version: 1.6.17102502
- Size: 92.5 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Samsung Electronics
- © 2017 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.