San Antonio Express-News for iPad
By Hearst Newspapers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The San Antonio Express-News, reimagined for iPad.
Get the smart reporting, award-winning photos, trusted team of columnists and second-to-none coverage of the San Antonio region that you expect from the Express-News, completely redesigned for iPad.
San Antonio Express-News for iPad gives readers what they want, when they want it and where they want it, including:
- First pick of premium content that you can’t get on mysanantonio.com
- Local news from San Antonio, including updates throughout the day
- Up-to-the-second, customizable traffic and weather reports
- The daily funnies in a Comics section updated every day
- Searchable archives of the San Antonio Express-News and mysanantonio.com
- Dazzling photo galleries and 360-degree panoramas
- Blogs from The Express-News team of trusted experts and columnists
- Great entertainment features
- A seven-day archive of editions for the iPad
It’s all in an exciting, digital format delivered instantly every day to your iPad.
Subscribing to San Antonio Express-News for iPad:
Downloading the app is free. New users can use the app for 14 days free.
If you would like to subscribe, you can select a monthly ($5.99) or annual ($59.99) subscription.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase. Any unused portion of your free period will be forfeited at time of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 1.5.9
Increased comics sizes
Now able to switch comic while in fullscreen viewer
Fix for app sometimes not responding after viewing gallery
Fix for Facebook sharing
Functional but Just
Shows the paper but not a great experience. Crashes with some regularity. Ads often obscure the bottom row of article text. Contacts to customer support are 100% ignored. They do not even send back an automated response.
Running on an iPad Air 2, you'd expect the news reader to fly. Unfortunately, even the most gifted speed reader would find it difficult to get through an article before the app crashes.
Crashes regularly. Always return to login page. Too long to download. Takes longer to download than to read.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 18, 2015
- Version: 1.5.9
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Newspapers LLC
- © 2015 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- San Antonio Express-News for iPad$5.99
- San Antonio Express-News for iPad$59.99