San Antonio Express-News for iPad
By Hearst Newspapers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The San Antonio Express-News, reimagined for iPad.
Get the smart reporting, award-winning photos, trusted team of columnists and second-to-none coverage of the San Antonio region that you expect from the Express-News, completely redesigned for iPad.
San Antonio Express-News for iPad gives readers what they want, when they want it and where they want it, including:
- First pick of premium content that you can’t get on mysanantonio.com
- Local news from San Antonio, including updates throughout the day
- Up-to-the-second, customizable traffic and weather reports
- The daily funnies in a Comics section updated every day
- Searchable archives of the San Antonio Express-News and mysanantonio.com
- Dazzling photo galleries and 360-degree panoramas
- Blogs from The Express-News team of trusted experts and columnists
- Great entertainment features
- A seven-day archive of editions for the iPad
It’s all in an exciting, digital format delivered instantly every day to your iPad.
Subscribing to San Antonio Express-News for iPad:
Downloading the app is free. New users can use the app for 14 days free.
If you would like to subscribe, you can select a monthly ($5.99) or annual ($59.99) subscription.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase. Any unused portion of your free period will be forfeited at time of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 1.5.7
- Fix start crash for iOS 5 users
The latest version of this app is better than the previous one. I like the way you get a more traditional fee of leafing through the paper. I also like the fact that you can download the paper to your iPad, so you can read it offline. The big fault I found is that there is no way to share the articles to social sites such as Facebook.
SA Express News, close but no cigar
Apparently, the developers lack the programming expertise to correct flaws in the app that prevent the advertiser banner at the bottom of the page from overlaying the first column of the articles. This has been an ongoing problem for months. Even though this is a paid subscription app, it at least appears that the add revenue far overrides your vested interest. Perhaps the app should be for until the developers can present a consistent, readable format. Short of that, I would recommend saving your money.
Get the AD banner fixed!
As others have stated, the AD banner is a huge problem. Wipes out an entire paragraph. Taking a few steps moves it but shouldn't be necessary. If you change the font size to small and then back to what you want, the banner will move.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 22, 2014
- Version: 1.5.7
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Newspapers LLC
- © 2014 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- San Antonio Express-News for iPad$5.99
- San Antonio Express-News for iPad$59.99