San Francisco Chronicle
By Hearst Newspapers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the smart news writing, award-winning photos and columnists, second-to-none Bay Area news coverage that you expect from the San Francisco Chronicle, completely redesigned for the App Store.
San Francisco Chronicle features:
- First pick of exclusive content that you can’t get anywhere else
- Local news from San Francisco and the Bay Area, including updates throughout the day
- The daily funnies in a Comics section updated every day
- Dazzling photo galleries and 360-degree panoramas
- Features from The Chronicle’s team of trusted experts and columnists
Subscribing to the San Francisco Chronicle
- Downloading the app is free. New users can receive free content on the app for 14 days.
- If you would like to subscribe, you can select monthly ($5.99) or annual ($59.99) subscription.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase. Any unused portion of your free period will be forfeited at time of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24-hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of Service: www.sfchronicle.com/terms_of_use/
What's New in Version 2.2.2
* Video player and other bug fixes
Thank you for your feedback. More enhancements are on the way.
Chronicle reporting well worth the app $ to have
Whether you agree or disagree with the editorial board, you will not be disappointed by their thoughtful analysis. The reporting in the Chronicle clearly rivals the East Coast News leaders. Unlike the Eastern Media, the Chronicle takes the time to ensure we know what is happening in other areas of the Country. More importantly we learn how we are affected by them.
Keeps changing, still bad
Instead of crashing often, it's now only weekly. It only takes three minutes to download the news after you launch it (all my other news apps can download the news in 15 seconds or less). And still the headlines are completely disorganized and the articles redundant.
And today, my iPad says "I'm almost out of memory." I check, and SF Chronicle is using more than 5 GB of memory! For what?
Anyway, not unusable, but not well designed.
Chron for iPad--not good
Can't get all the stories--hard to find them. (I know they are there in the paper). Not easy to navigate within the articles.
Comics are not up to date with ones in paper. (Come on--Better Half?).
If my paper was delivered when I read I wouldn't even use this app.
I do like sending articles to friends or posting to Facebook if I can find the article.
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 10, 2017
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 110 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Newspapers LLC
- © 2015 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- San Francisco Chronicle for iPad$5.99
- San Francisco Chronicle for iPad$59.99