San Francisco Chronicle
By Hearst Newspapers
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get the smart news writing, award-winning photos and columnists, second-to-none Bay Area news coverage that you expect from the San Francisco Chronicle, completely redesigned for the App Store.
San Francisco Chronicle features:
- First pick of exclusive content that you can’t get anywhere else
- Local news from San Francisco and the Bay Area, including updates throughout the day
- The daily funnies in a Comics section updated every day
- Dazzling photo galleries and 360-degree panoramas
- Features from The Chronicle’s team of trusted experts and columnists
Subscribing to the San Francisco Chronicle
- Downloading the app is free. New users can receive free content on the app for 14 days.
- If you would like to subscribe, you can select monthly ($5.99) or annual ($59.99) subscription.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase. Any unused portion of your free period will be forfeited at time of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24-hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of Service: www.sfchronicle.com/terms_of_use/
What's New in Version 2.2.9
* Improved load times
Thank you for your feedback. More enhancements are on the way.
In the land of tech
It should be easy to find competent app designers. I have reached out to support and they tell me it will improve - yet each iteration comes with nothing but glitches. Each update loses your iTunes subscription and requires you to find the restore button three layers deep. Then when you go to restore it gives the spinning wheel of death. A restart gives me a black screen. Now I just deleted the app and am trying to reinstall. If I did not live in the Bay Area and want local news, I would delete it altogether.
Time to cancel subscription
I've been hoping for months this late great newspaper would get it's act together and create an effective news app. Embarrassingly, here in the heart of tech, that seems to much to ask. It takes so long to load (have coffee and breakfast while you wait) I have not been able to read my news seriously here for a year. My main source in now the NYT and NPR. I'm throwing money away. So sad. They no longer deliver so it's time to say goodbye.
Still a crappy app
When you open the app, it clears the screen and shows a loading modal saying "it's a new day". Seconds later the modal goes away and shows you -- old news. If you want to see today's news you then have to pull down to force refresh the content.
What was the point of waiting 3 seconds if you're not going to use the time to load anything new?
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 12, 2017
- Version: 2.2.9
- Size: 115 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Newspapers LLC
- © 2015 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- San Francisco Chronicle for iPad$5.99
- San Francisco Chronicle for iPad$59.99