San Francisco Chronicle for iPad
By Hearst Newspapers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The San Francisco Chronicle, reimagined for iPad. It's why you read the San Francisco Chronicle – smart news writing, award-winning photos and columnists, second-to-none Bay Area news coverage – totally redesigned for iPad.
San Francisco Chronicle for iPad features:
- A digital recreation of the San Francisco Chronicle: Articles, photos, sections delivered instantly to your iPad.
- Updates throughout the day: News happens all the time. The Chronicle for iPad is a "live edition" of the San Francisco newspaper – offering global, national and SF news updates.
- SFGate news & bloggers you love from SFGate.com: Celebrity scoop from The Daily Dish. Fab pop culture from Hot Topics. Breaking political news from Below the Beltway. All the best blogs, right alongside all the content from the newspaper.
- A carousel navigation: An entirely new way to discover the San Francisco Chronicle. Sections pop and flow, making breezing through stories a snap.
- Incredible 360 degree photo panoramas: The San Francisco Chronicle for iPad shows you San Francisco and the Bay Area in a whole new way. From center field at AT&T Park, to the view in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge, our panoramas bring a whole new dimension to the San Francisco Chronicle’s award-winning photos.
- Up-to-the-second Traffic and Weather sections: Need to bring an umbrella to work? Is the Bay Bridge backed up? Be prepared in a whole new way. The latest weather and traffic updates are only a tap away.
- Seven days of great content: Miss something from Sunday’s Datebook? Want to recheck that wine pairing or re-read the books section? No problem. The San Francisco Chronicle for iPad offers seven days of award-winning journalism at your fingertips.
Subscribing to the San Francisco Chronicle for iPad
Downloading the app is free. New users can use the app for 14 days free.
If you would like to subscribe, you can select monthly ($5.99) or annual ($59.99) subscription.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase. Any unused portion of your free period will be forfeited at time of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24-hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 1.5.9
Increased comics sizes
Now able to switch comic while in fullscreen viewer
Fix for app sometimes not responding after viewing gallery
Fix for Facebook sharing
Worst App ever!
I can't decide which is worse. Home delivery is sporadic, paper comes to our door maybe 50% of the time despite countless phone calls to complain. Have to delete and reload the app at least once every time, sometimes more often. Beyond frustrating.
The new update doesn't work properly. I have to open, close and re-open to get to the crossword puzzle. Otherwise it hangs up and just spins. Worked fine before this last update.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 18, 2015
- Version: 1.5.9
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Newspapers LLC
- © 2015 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- San Francisco Chronicle for iPad$5.99
- San Francisco Chronicle for iPad$59.99