The Mercury News.
Printed on your iOS device.
e-Edition keeps The Mercury News at your fingertips, with every article and picture intact - even the funnies. And our iOS Device version delivers all the content with a faster, simpler interface:
* World-class national and global news, plus in-depth local coverage from The Mercury News newsroom.
* Entertainment with the latest on movies, music, dining and other great stuff to see and do.
* On-the-money Business news, an all-star Sports section and much more.
* Razor-sharp views of every word, photo and image exactly as it appears in print.
* Streamlined navigation for readers on the go: Flip pages, zoom on articles, rotate to landscape mode.
* Tap any article with two fingers to convert to full-screen text.
* Includes archive access to every issue published in the past 30 days.
If you like our app, please remember to leave a five-star rating in iTunes.
- Improved stability and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love this reading experience
In contrast to the slick verticals scroll news sites this is just like the physical paper. I read on an iPad mini and zoom the article, touch the colored “go-to” to continue to another page. Touch again to return to the page I came from. To correct a previous reviewer, you can download for offline reading, which I use on the airplane. There is an options setting. 30 days of back newspapers are available. Yes, downloading issues will take up room. Previous reviewer who was critical of APPs data use might have a 16g tablet/phone. I have no problems on a 64gb device with MANY apps and a very active email inbox.
Bugs defeat an otherwise good apppp
This app makes for a good alternative to hard copy. A real paper lets you see more and scan, but the links to continuing articles makes up for limited view.
Unfortunately, it has a few bugs. One is that it will inevitably crash 2-4 times each day I use it. Most annoying is that it randomly gets in a loop of blurry text redrawing clearly, then blurring again repeatedly, sometimes for minutes at a time, preventing reading. Sometimes it stops and stays blurry and unreadable. Been this way for years.
Would be so easy to make better
I use this every morning. Read on the Ipad in wide mode. The typical thing to do is use the > key to go to the next page. But they have placed “Search” and “Specials” keys RIGHT NEXT to the next page key. I keep getting these pop ups when all I want to do is go to the next page.
How easy it would be to put these on the left, out of the way!
Another minor annoyance is Fantasy football Special from September is still there. Why??
- Media News Group
- 36.7 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 MediaNews Group
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.