The Mercury News.
Printed on your iOS device.
e-Edition keeps The Mercury News at your fingertips, with every article and picture intact - even the funnies. And our iOS Device version delivers all the content with a faster, simpler interface:
* World-class national and global news, plus in-depth local coverage from The Mercury News newsroom.
* Entertainment with the latest on movies, music, dining and other great stuff to see and do.
* On-the-money Business news, an all-star Sports section and much more.
* Razor-sharp views of every word, photo and image exactly as it appears in print.
* Streamlined navigation for readers on the go: Flip pages, zoom on articles, rotate to landscape mode.
* Tap any article with two fingers to convert to full-screen text.
* Includes archive access to every issue published in the past 30 days.
If you like our app, please remember to leave a five-star rating in iTunes.
- Improved stability and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love this reading experience
In contrast to the slick verticals scroll news sites this is just like the physical paper. I read on an iPad mini and zoom the article, touch the colored “go-to” to continue to another page. Touch again to return to the page I came from. To correct a previous reviewer, you can download for offline reading, which I use on the airplane. There is an options setting. 30 days of back newspapers are available. Yes, downloading issues will take up room. Previous reviewer who was critical of APPs data use might have a 16g tablet/phone. I have no problems on a 64gb device with MANY apps and a very active email inbox.
This app is a piece of crap!!!!! Don’t Bother!
I have been a subscriber to the Mercury for decades but the paper keeps getting smaller and most of the stories are from the Washington Post and AP, they have few reporters of their own anymore. The app is the worst piece of crap ever. You will constantly have to give your user name and password because it forgets it almost daily. Further you have to keep zooming in and out to read any article on you iPad or phone. If you double click on a story to get just the text version if you read to the end you will have to scroll all the way to the top to close it. It basically makes reading so frustrating you wind up just closing it and going to another news source. The Wall Street Journal is a much better app. I am probably going to dump my print subscription soon as I can get almost everything they print from other sources at a better price.
Bugs defeat an otherwise good apppp
This app makes for a good alternative to hard copy. A real paper lets you see more and scan, but the links to continuing articles makes up for limited view.
Unfortunately, it has a few bugs. One is that it will inevitably crash 2-4 times each day I use it. Most annoying is that it randomly gets in a loop of blurry text redrawing clearly, then blurring again repeatedly, sometimes for minutes at a time, preventing reading. Sometimes it stops and stays blurry and unreadable. Been this way for years.
- Media News Group
- 31.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 MediaNews Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.