Sandvox — Easy-to-use website builder lets anyone create and publish
By Karelia Software LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Want to build a website? Create one yourself in minutes with Sandvox.
You can use this flexible, powerful website builder to drag–and–drop objects to create web pages. Just add images, movies, and text to a design and publish, fast. Named to Mac App Store’s Best of 2012 at v2.7, 2.10 adds support for Karelia's new integrated Sandvox Hosting service.
Only Sandvox — winner of an Apple Design Award — features a user experience that lets you combine and spotlight your own drag-and-drop content while automatically creating a modern, feature-rich, standards-compliant website as you go. See your website come alive before your eyes! When ready, just upload your site to your favorite host directly from within Sandvox. It's that easy.
• Choose from dozens of stylish site designs, including two brand new designs, Hydrogen and Kryptonite
• Over 20 different, customizable content objects help you build the site of your dreams
• Easily add text, images, or movies
• Showcase your images with Photo Grids and lightbox-style Galleries, automatically optimized for Retina displays
• Super easy blogging, with built-in archiving
• Instantly add connections to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
• Syndicate your blog or podcast and offer easy-to-grab RSS feeds
• Incorporate content from other websites such as weather and news headlines
• Show selected products from Amazon.com
• Feature YouTube videos
• Include a Contact Form for feedback
• Automatically generate a sitemap
• Comment support via Disqus, IntenseDebate and Facebook Comments
• Insert custom features with Raw HTML
“ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ” — MacNN · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — SVMMac · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — Cult of Mac
EVEN MORE POWER
• iMedia Browser — Effortlessly browse your Pictures folder, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, and Flickr. Grab movies from iPhoto and iTunes. Build a podcast. The iMedia Browser puts your resources at your fingertips.
• Advanced Customization — Code injection, custom CSS, built-in jQuery support and a brand new Cocoa plug-in API are available to experienced users and offer even more ways to customize your site.
• Publishing Options — Publish to built-in Sandvox Hosting, or to another provider via FTP, SFTP, WebDAV
• Search Engine Optimization — SEO-friendly site structure plus integration with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
• Site Extractor — generate a new Sandvox website using the text and images of your old site, to help you get off the ground that little bit quicker
For more information or to watch a video introduction, please visit our website!
“Those who want to quickly create template-based sites packed with features, should give Sandvox 2 a look. ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼” — Macworld UK
We're always here to help and we'd love to hear from you! If you have feedback or questions, you can reach us by email at email@example.com or visit our community forum at karelia.com/forum.
Read our FAQ at karelia.com/faq. (in English)
Familiar with iWeb? See our iWeb Transition Guide at karelia.com/iweb.
What's New in Version 2.10
Sandvox 2.10 adds support for the all-new Sandvox Hosting service: The simplest, fastest way to bring your Sandvox site to life.
• Integrated: Sandvox Hosting is seamlessly integrated with Sandvox, making it super-easy and fast to set up and manage.
• Four Great Plans: Choose the one that suits your needs — whether you plan to have one website, or many.
• 14 Day Trial: Put it to the test with a completely free, no obligation 14 day free trial.
Easy to Use, But Crashes
For creating and managing websites that generally fit within the constraints of the Sandvox themes, Sandvox is a pretty good program, and fairly easy to learn and use. Changing a site’s structure is a simple drag-and-drop operation, and whether you’re modifying structure or adding or removing pages, Sandvox will automatically handle updates to navigation elements (links, menus, indexes, site map, etc.). That’s a *huge* time saver over manually managing a website. Sandvox comes with a number of sharp looking templates, and more are available for purchase from third parties.
The main drawbacks are that the app crashes at least once every two hours or so, and publishing changes will often republish everything, such as PDF files that haven’t been touched or moved. These are both mostly nuisance problems at present: so far, I haven’t noticed any changes lost or pages corrupted as the result of a crash, and my website isn’t overly large and can be republished in about two hours. Once these issues are fixed I’ll have a hard time finding anything to complain about.
Perhaps not perfect, but still worthwhile.
Powerful and easy
I am really impressed with how much easier it is to edit my website now that I have rebuilt it with Sandvox. It took some getting used to up front, but was only moderately difficult for me to learn to use, and once I got the hang of it my website was easy to put together. Now it’s all right there and easy to make changes to. Publishing to the server is simple, once I went through the easy setup, and now all I have to do is click “Publish” and wait a minute and it’s done. Well worth the investment.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 08, 2015
- Version: 2.10
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Karelia Software LLC
- © 2004-2015 Karelia Software LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later