Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Want to build a website? Create one yourself in minutes with Sandvox.
You can use this flexible, powerful website builder to drag–and–drop objects to create web pages. Just add images, movies, and text to a design and publish, fast. Named to Mac App Store’s Best of 2012 at v2.7, 2.10 adds support for Karelia's new integrated Sandvox Hosting service.
Only Sandvox — winner of an Apple Design Award — features a user experience that lets you combine and spotlight your own drag-and-drop content while automatically creating a modern, feature-rich, standards-compliant website as you go. See your website come alive before your eyes! When ready, just upload your site to your favorite host directly from within Sandvox. It's that easy.
• Choose from dozens of stylish site designs, including two brand new designs, Hydrogen and Kryptonite
• Over 20 different, customizable content objects help you build the site of your dreams
• Easily add text, images, or movies
• Showcase your images with Photo Grids and lightbox-style Galleries, automatically optimized for Retina displays
• Super easy blogging, with built-in archiving
• Instantly add connections to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
• Syndicate your blog or podcast and offer easy-to-grab RSS feeds
• Incorporate content from other websites such as weather and news headlines
• Show selected products from Amazon.com
• Feature YouTube videos
• Include a Contact Form for feedback
• Automatically generate a sitemap
• Comment support via Disqus, IntenseDebate and Facebook Comments
• Insert custom features with Raw HTML
“ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ” — MacNN · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — SVMMac · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — Cult of Mac
EVEN MORE POWER
• iMedia Browser — Effortlessly browse your Pictures folder, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, and Flickr. Grab movies from iPhoto and iTunes. Build a podcast. The iMedia Browser puts your resources at your fingertips.
• Advanced Customization — Code injection, custom CSS, built-in jQuery support and a brand new Cocoa plug-in API are available to experienced users and offer even more ways to customize your site.
• Publishing Options — Publish to built-in Sandvox Hosting, or to another provider via FTP, SFTP, WebDAV
• Search Engine Optimization — SEO-friendly site structure plus integration with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
• Site Extractor — generate a new Sandvox website using the text and images of your old site, to help you get off the ground that little bit quicker
For more information or to watch a video introduction, please visit our website!
“Those who want to quickly create template-based sites packed with features, should give Sandvox 2 a look. ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼” — Macworld UK
We're always here to help and we'd love to hear from you! If you have feedback or questions, you can reach us by email at email@example.com or visit our community forum at karelia.com/forum.
Read our FAQ at karelia.com/faq. (in English)
Familiar with iWeb? See our iWeb Transition Guide at karelia.com/iweb.
Sandbox 2.10.8 brings macOS Sierra compatibility and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Extremely Impressed >> NOW Not so impressed.
I am recently having quite a bit of trouble with Sandvox. The developers apparently are not keeping it up with the more current Mac OS versions. Please help.
I was a bit skeptical when I researched and first purchased Sandvox. I'm a college professor and primarily need to create individual pages to place in a course management system. I also have what used to be a very simple website where students can find textbooks, syllabi, schedules, etc. for the next semester before they gain access to the course management system. Creating individual pages are still probably best done with software like Word, Dreamweaver, SeaMonkey Composer, etc. However, my simple website has almost overnight blossomed into something I'm quite proud of because of Sandvox. I have developed a list of additional things I might incorporate into the site. When I get a few minutes (literally), I can add some of these things. I endorse Sandvox. I look forward to learning how to utilize this software more fully. I also anticipate even more utility in the future from updates.
Works well for my needs
Been using Sandvox for over 5 years. I needed a simple and intuitive website designer that I could use for a band website. It also needed to be simple for doing gig updates to the calendar and also allow adding media ( mp3 and video ) Sandvox does all that simply. When I started using it, I had no experience in HTML or website design. Got the program and 2 days later, the site was up and looked great. Doing updates are simple. You open the app, type in what you need, hit publish and the website is updated. I know there are other programs that are capable of more, but requires a steep learning curve to publish your website. For my needs Sandvox has delivered
Worst most unstable software I have used in a long time
Finally got myself round to looking at alternatives to Apple’s old iWeb solution. After research Sandvox was decided upon, and ever since I have regretted the decision. The designs are restrictive and limited in functionality, you want to place text boxes and pictures anywhere you want? no you can’t do that, you want to add things to the banner, no you can’t do that, you want to add a picture then mask it, no can’t do that. There are just so many things you can not do that iWeb allowed you to do. Add to that the fact I get error messaages saying the app has to be restarted, an error has occurred and so on, every 20-30min of use and this is just one expensive pile of junk that I wish I could get my money back on.
Don’t waste your time or money in looking at this there are much better solutions out there.
- Karelia Software LLC
- 40 MB
- OS X 10.6.6 or later
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2004-2016 Karelia Software LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.