The Santa Cruz Sentinel.
Printed on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
e-Edition puts Santa Cruz’s hometown paper at your fingertips. Every page exactly as printed, including:
• In-depth reporting from the Sentinel’s own local newsroom, plus award-winning state, national and world coverage from Bay Area News Group, northern California’s journalism leader.
• Local entertainment, culture, and recreation — everything worth seeing and doing.
• Sports coverage that scores the extra point, on-the-money Business, special sections and much more . . . including all the ads and even the funnies!
• PLUS a text-searchable archive of every issue published in the past 30 days.
The Santa Cruz Sentinel e-Edition iOS app is included FREE for existing e-Edition subscribers.
If you like our app, please leave a five-star rating in iTunes. We thrive on encouragement; it helps us improve the content and the way we deliver it to you.
- Improved stability and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It’s barely usable at the best of times. Very poorly designed. Links from front page to back sections often never open.
The ONLY virtue is the ability to see the front page of past issues.
I thought it was only me. Please clean up your online newspaper. The links do not always work. My eye are straining. I get the printed paper at home but I travel for work and would like to know what is going on at home when I am away.
Please fix this - clean it up
Slow, buggy and crashtastic
This app is just fine, when it works. But beware: it can be a 3-5 minute wait before enough content loads to start reading, and then the app frequently crashes.
The good: provides a decent interface to read the entire paper, when it's working.
- Frustratingly slow to load content. I'm writing this review today because it refuses to load the Sunday paper.
- Crashes frequently
- flawed scanning of papers means most articles have bad typos, runtogetherwords, etc.
- only loads the first half of some articles
- some content often broken - missing images. Example: Sunday comics seldom work
- wonky UI means pages often turn themselves.
This USA good idea with poor execution. I've gotten used to the Sentinel (AKA Senile) publishing a Web edition full of bugs, and in 15 years of reading online,it has only gotten worse. I should not be surprised their iPad edition is also very flawed.
- Media News Group
- 61.7 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 MediaNews Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.