The brand-new Saratogian mobile app is the most comprehensive, accurate, and content-rich source of local news for the communities of Saratoga Springs, N.Y. region.
Here are just a few of the many features of our new app:
• Improved push notifications for Breaking News
• Attractive layout for ease of use
• Convenient sharing capabilities
• Frequent updates to ensure the latest news is always at your disposal
This release includes bug fixes, optimizations, technical improvements and added additional features, including:
• Resolving a bug that caused duplicate navigation items.
• Expanded the clickable area on the AdChoices Disclosure icon.
• Enhanced Taxonomy integration with sections.
We want your feedback on the apps! You can now submit feedback directly from the app menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Mobile app is almost as useless as the paper and no better than the web site. Was hoping your more up-to-date news but it is yesterday's news today and that is on a good day.
I agree. Getting ready to dump everything including paper copy after 30 years.
Would give zero stars if I could.
I didn't think there would be anything worse than the paper until I tried to use the mobile website. Then I didn't think there would be anything worse than that mobile website until I tried to use this app. Terrible. There is no access to comments, which is the only real reason to read the Saratogian in the first place. Then they bombard you with full commercials when trying to access a story. Finally the app becomes a front to sell a subscription of $3 a week for this crappy mobile news app. Apparently whoever created this app doesn't use it or has never seen a decent mobile news app.
Nice app......lousy paper
App works great.
I'm evaluating this app in this forum because the Saratogian newspaper hasn't been delivered again! And if if is. It is usually after 7AM! AND there is never anybody there to complain to.
However, it's not all that bad since their coverage of news events normally ends at 10PM the night before. I leave for work by that time and I'm able to get the news from their competitor. The Daily Gazette has all the current information and news and is delivered to my office by 6 AM.
No wonder the paper is struggling financially!
It is one week later now (June 7th) 7:45am and no PAPER again! Incredible! I'm convinced this "newspaper" won't last the year. Service is non existent!
- Journal Register Company
- 20.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Digital First Media
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.