SAS Survival Guide
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For over twenty years, the SAS Survival Guide has been the definitive guide to surviving any situation, anywhere in the world. Now, for the first time ever, the million-copy bestselling book has been reinvented for the iPhone.
iPad User? Check the SAS Survival Guide for iPad !
Please Note : This app only contains the English language content of the SAS Survival Guide
############# ACCOLADES ##############
• Official Honoree Award at the 15th Annual Webbys
• Selected for iTunes REWIND 2010
• Apple Featured Application
• Featured in iTunes 'Staff Favourites'
• Also features in "WHAT'S HOT" and "NEW & NOTEWORTHY" in most countries
• Has been ranked the #1 LIFESTYLE APP in almost all geographic locations
#### ABOUT 'SAS SURVIVAL GUIDE' ####
Written by former SAS soldier and instructor, John "Lofty" Wiseman, this application brings you the elite training techniques of Britain’s toughest fighting force in the most accessible version ever. Now you can take the original set of world-class survival skills with you anywhere in the world – from the peaks of Kilimanjaro to the deserts of Kandahar…or to your closest national park.
This FULLY SELF CONTAINED app includes :
* Full text of the bestselling book optimised for the iPhone (over 400 pages)
* 16 videos providing invaluable survival tips from Lofty himself
* Photo galleries of Animal Tracks, Knots, Edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, sea creatures and snakes
* Morse Code signalling device
* 100+ question quiz to test if you've got what it takes to survive
* Survival Checklist
* Sun Compass
* Search tool to scan entire book by subject
* Extreme Climate Survival: sections on surviving Polar, Desert, Tropical, and Sea
* Comprehensive First Aid section
#### ABOUT 'Urban SAS SURVIVAL' ####
The ultimate guide to fending for yourself in an urban environment from the team that brought you the million-copy selling SAS Survival Guide. Written by legendary ex-SAS man John ‘Lofty’ Wiseman, the guide comes stuffed full of useful tips for fending for yourself in every urban situation. And many more besides.
This interactive edition contains:
* The latest training on self-defence and the law
* Dealing with fire and hazardous chemicals
* Tackling snake bites and other animal dangers
* Handling DIY: power tools, welding, machinery and more
* Health information
* Full search functionality
* Urban survival checklist
* And more
PLEASE NOTE : During normal use, this app does not require an active internet connection however some assets, like videos, need to be downloaded and features like social sharing will be disabled without an active internet connection. The Internet Connection Alert message is only informational and does not affect the content or use of the app while offline.
What's New in Version 1.9
Fix for inApp Purchase issues faced by some users
Includes a skip option during signup
Includes presets for Morsecode and additional content updates
Bugfixes, Stability and performance improvements
Completely hostile to survival
I'd bought this app a while ago and opened and read it a few times. Last week I was in a survival situation — stranded in a desert without cell service — and I opened this app. What do I see? "Please connect to internet for the first time use to see the content." Are you kidding me? (1) It was not my first time use, I had opened it before — I assume a recent update has caused the app to act like it was a new install, which is sloppiness on the developers' part. (2) I WAS STRANDED IN A DESERT AND NEEDED HELP, and could not connect to the Internet to get past this screen! That the developers would put unnecessary DRM over survival is a refutation of this app's stated purpose. Deplorable and deserving of nothing other than complete scorn in my opinion. I'm glad help came from other sources so I did not have to depend on this app.
This is a quality source of survival info. I don't appreciate the part saying to eat my pets in times of emergency (even specifying which ones to eat first), but other than that, it's good.
Get this app and survive
Great application for iOS. Goes hand in hand with the book.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 08, 2014
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 98.6 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Trellisys.net
- © HarperCollins Publishers & Papertrell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Urban SAS$3.99