Did you know?
* The African elephant is the nearest living relative of the dassie.
* The Western Barn Owl doesn’t hoot.
* The leatherback sea turtle can stay underwater for over an hour without breathing!
Learn these and other interesting facts about southern Africa’s animal kingdom with the Sasol First Field Guide – Wildlife app.
Quick and convenient, this app highlights the animals you are likely to spot in your garden, your neighbourhood, while hiking or visiting a national park or nature reserve. Southern Africa might be famus for the iconic ‘Big 5’, but it is also home to a rich variety of creatures, from the tiniest of spiders to the most magnificent birds.
This app is perfect for beginners, or someone visiting the region for a short while. It includes beautiful photos, videos, animal calls, maps and easy-to-read information about the animals (including their conservation status).
This app includes 5 free species accounts. The remaining 41 species can be unlocked with a single in-app purchase. The size of the app is about 160 mb, as it includes all 46 species in the initial download.
• Easy to use, navigate and search
• Contains 46 species
• About 240 images
• Video and audio included where available
• Available as separate English and Afrikaans apps
-Minor bug fixes
-Optimised for iOS9
Ratings and Reviews
- App Developer Studio Cc
- 209.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015, Penguin Random House South Africa
- In-App Purchases
- Sasol First Field Guide Wildlife in-App Purchase $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.