SAT Vocabulary Prep
By Peekaboo Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Improve Your SAT Vocabulary Skills!
SAT Vocabulary Prep was designed for the busy student looking for an advantage in preparing for the big test:
- Study anywhere and learn over 1,000 vocabulary words at your own pace
- Look through the definitions and practice with both word and definition quizzes to get ready for the big final test
- Email your test results to share your score
- Increase your vocabulary knowledge and your scores!
Teachers and parents - have your students email their scores from the 100 question assessment test as a way to provide extra credit for mastery of the vocabulary.
>> Teachers - read below to see how to customize this app for your classroom <<
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best score!*
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to email@example.com
In-app upgrade option for teachers to use with their entire classroom:
- Enter as many student names as you need
- Set the number of questions you'd like on the test
- Allow students to study and learn at their own pace
- They can look through definitions, practice with a quiz, then take the big final test to see how well they've learned
- Password-protected Administrator Section allows you to review scores, track student improvement, and zero in on words where they could use extra help
- Increase students' vocabulary knowledge and their scores!
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: parents
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
What's New in Version 1.5
Compatible for iOS 6
No pronunciation of vocab words
This app would be worth 2.99 if it included pronunciation of the vocabulary words. Another useful improvement would be to add a sentence for each vocab word that featured that word being used in context. I'm actually deleting this app because it keeps quizzing our son on words he hasn't yet studied and I can't control how many words he should study, quiz, and test on. The words should be presented in small batches; not all 500 words at once.
Our home schooled son is a very independent worker and could have easily mastered these words on his own with this app but, now I have to sit next to him, teaching him how to pronounce each word, so he doesn't learn any words incorrectly and get them forever stuck in his head the wrong way. Also, it's very demotivating to study 50 words only to get quizzed on words you don't know.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 09, 2012
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 38.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peekaboo Studios LLC
- © 2010 965 Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Teacher Upgrade$2.99