SatFinder PRO is a professional tool for tuning your satellite antenna.
You no longer need to search for desired satellite, just press "Power" button, point your iOS device towards the sky and watch all available satellites of your location.
This program also is a transponders data base of all TV/RADIO satellites in the world. You can easily find a satellite parameters.
- Sort by satellite
- Search by channel name, radio name, provider name
- Sort by frequency
- Sort by Ku & C -bands
- Displaying the channel name, radio station, a provider with the link to the official site, encoding display
- Displaying a frequency, polarization, FEC and Symbol Rate
- Azimuth, Elevation, LNB Skew angels for the desired satellite
- Smart satellite search with sound indication
- Manual compass for iPods
- Push notifications about database update every 10 days!
- List of favorites
- Satellite calculator
An enormous data base. More than 12,800 video channels, 3900 radio stations and 180 Internet service providers
- For best accuracy hold your device in portrait position
- Tap on "Power" button
- Make some device movements for compas calibration if needed
- Look at device display and try to get 180° at "Heading" indicator if you are in the northern hemisphere and 0° if you are in the southern hemisphere. All available satellites should be appear
- Now you can easily move your device and find desired satellite. It will be a real satellite position in the sky
Also available lite version without augmented reality feature at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/satellite-transponders/id488579989
- Some UI fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Sometimes it works.
It often says there’s no database. Other times it says something else and the message goes before I can read it.
Developer Response ,
Try to reinstall
Has the Goods... Requires a bit of usage to get it right
I read a number of reviews about this app that concerned me before I bought it. The problem I read about was one of "too many satellites shown." And, indeed, this was my initial experience. Then looking at the screen shots and playing with the app, I found that not only could I create a group of satellites (mark as favorites) and see them highlighted in AR. I also found, using the four small "badges" located in the upper right of each satellite's list entry, that I could seek the location of a single selected satellite of interest in AR as well. The four buttons are: Mark as Favorite, 2D Finder, Calculator & 3D Finder respectively.
A tutorial would be great, a "help" mode which allowed the user to tap around on the UI and get information about what it does would be lovely...
It is possible to do these key tasks using the app. It doesn't have a mode for Dish Network, DirecTV or any other specific platform. But, using Favorites you can select the satellites you are interested in seeing and then work with those rather than the exhaustive set of satellites.
Hope this helps someone save a few or more minutes of their time to focus on other things!
Very handy for site evaluations
I work for a radio network that relies on our satellite system for our content delivery. With this program I can determine site lines for new installations, and see potential blockages from trees and other vegetation. I can even take a snapshot of the image to show the tree company to make sure they properly trim the trees.
I'm running an older iPhone 3GS that doesn't have a gyro in it, so my elevation is a bit jittery. That is the only reason I gave it only 4 stars. It may very well be a 5 star app on a newer phone!
- Yuriy Kvasha
- 8.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Kvasha Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.