SatFinder PRO is a professional tool for tuning your satellite antenna.
You no longer need to search for desired satellite, just press "Power" button, point your iOS device towards the sky and watch all available satellites of your location.
This program also is a transponders data base of all TV/RADIO satellites in the world. You can easily find a satellite parameters.
- Sort by satellite
- Search by channel name, radio name, provider name
- Sort by frequency
- Sort by Ku & C -bands
- Displaying the channel name, radio station, a provider with the link to the official site, encoding display
- Displaying a frequency, polarization, FEC and Symbol Rate
- Azimuth, Elevation, LNB Skew angels for the desired satellite
- Smart satellite search with sound indication
- Manual compass for iPods
- Push notifications about database update every 10 days!
- List of favorites
- Satellite calculator
An enormous data base. More than 12,800 video channels, 3900 radio stations and 180 Internet service providers
- For best accuracy hold your device in portrait position
- Tap on "Power" button
- Make some device movements for compas calibration if needed
- Look at device display and try to get 180° at "Heading" indicator if you are in the northern hemisphere and 0° if you are in the southern hemisphere. All available satellites should be appear
- Now you can easily move your device and find desired satellite. It will be a real satellite position in the sky
Also available lite version without augmented reality feature at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/satellite-transponders/id488579989
- Speed improvements and bug fixed
We read all your feedback and appreciate your suggestions for improving the application.
Thank you for using SatFinder Pro app for satellite dish alignment!
Ratings and Reviews
Has the Goods... Requires a bit of usage to get it right
I read a number of reviews about this app that concerned me before I bought it. The problem I read about was one of "too many satellites shown." And, indeed, this was my initial experience. Then looking at the screen shots and playing with the app, I found that not only could I create a group of satellites (mark as favorites) and see them highlighted in AR. I also found, using the four small "badges" located in the upper right of each satellite's list entry, that I could seek the location of a single selected satellite of interest in AR as well. The four buttons are: Mark as Favorite, 2D Finder, Calculator & 3D Finder respectively.
A tutorial would be great, a "help" mode which allowed the user to tap around on the UI and get information about what it does would be lovely...
It is possible to do these key tasks using the app. It doesn't have a mode for Dish Network, DirecTV or any other specific platform. But, using Favorites you can select the satellites you are interested in seeing and then work with those rather than the exhaustive set of satellites.
Hope this helps someone save a few or more minutes of their time to focus on other things!
This app is a pain to use. I’ve been in the satellite business for over 40 years since the days of c-band. It has good information but. I just want to select the satellite I want and then look thru the camera to find it without all the other satellites showing up. That way I can determine line of sight. Way to many satellites on screen to do this. In the sun and trying to pick satellite is a pain.
You need to take a look at our app once more, because we have everything you need. Also we have single sayellite mode.
Best app for set up satellite
This is best software for me to set up quickly satellite without TV and other things and get the latest information about any changes on my transponder and etc
- Yuriy Kvasha
- 8.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Kvasha Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.