Saucelifter LITE! - Fun and free retro-style arcade action shooter
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
(Reviews of the full version):
"This is one retro title I can highly recommend to all iPhone gamers." - Touch Arcade
"Can arcade games work and succeed within the iPhone’s constraints? If the titles are anything like Saucelifter, then the answer is “Absolutely, yes.”" - Finger Gaming
"Why it’s good: It’s Dan Gorlin’s Choplifter. With aliens! And a flying saucer!" - Cult of Mac
"it's one of those games destined to stay on your device longer than most other apps" - AllAboutTheGames.co.uk
A peaceful interstellar mission-gone-wrong has left your crew-mates stranded, and in the hands of an aggressive Earth military! Now, your mastery of superior flying-saucer technology is their only hope for survival.
Will you rescue the helpless captives and beam them home to safety.. or will Earth's mechanized military madness result in your total destruction?
FULL version Saucelifter! features:
* Addictive, pick-up-and-play action with no annoying dialogs or interruptions
* Silky-smooth, crisp vector graphics
* Dynamic stereo sound effects, and lots of 'em
* Accelerometer-controlled flying saucer! (what else do you really need?)
* Easy auto-calibration of tilt controls
* Superior alien 3-way UFO touch-firing technology
* Colourful day/night cycle effect; watch the sun rise, see the stars!
* Chopper drones, jets, tanks, guns, missiles, turrets, lasers, and more
* Easy-to-follow Tutorial Mode
* Multiple difficulty levels
* High scores
* Listen to your music while you play
** NOTE: To use the auto-calibration feature, simply pause the game by touching the top of the screen, get comfortable, and resume playing! It's that simple.
** TIP: To cut those pesky turrets down to size, try swooping in from a safe distance and strafing using the saucer's side shots!
If you like classic (arcade, Apple II, Commodore 64) retro shooter and action games like Choplifter, Defender, Sinistar, Robotron etc. then you will love Saucelifter!
What's New in Version 1.2
- New hangar contains extra saucer
- Added a new type of saucer
- New daytime sky colours
- New "flak" tank upgrade
- Saucer powered up, faster firing rate, better shot hit radius
- Balanced challenge and difficulty
I like it but . . .
I really like the retro look, great action but the i will get it it and give it more stars when they add more types of controls, i dont like tilt controls, for now i will keep the free version until they make those mods.
This game is horrible! It only has one level and it used to have more. I am sooooooooo glad I got the free one (the paid one problably only has 2 levels!)
The game stinks
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 03, 2009
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Madgarden
- © Paul Pridham
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.