Save To Dropbox
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★ Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy!" ★★
Have you ever thought to yourself, "I wish I had a Save-As button!".
Imagine being able to receive an email and immediately save that attachment straight into Dropbox. Or imagine the ability to download a ZIP file using Mobile Safari, and saving it directly to Dropbox, where you can access it from all of your PCs. Dropbox is an incredible tool that allows all of your PCs to access the same set of files and keep them in sync. Your iPhone can finally join the party, using SaveToDropbox. This app is designed to be as simple as possible, with the goal of allowing you to save data from your iPhone apps into Dropbox with as few taps as possible.
Its easy to free all of your data from your iPhone. SaveToDropbox will allow any iPhone application that supports the "Open In.." capability to immediately take advantage of Dropbox. Once you pick "Open In..." just select the new "Save To Dropbox" option. With just one more tap, your data will be in the Dropbox cloud! Within seconds that data once stuck in your iPhone will now be available to your Window or Mac PCs or even the web via the Dropbox web interface.
You will have more flexibility in your work flow. Did you just receive a Microsoft Access document on your iPhone, but you don't have Microsoft Access? That's ok, just use SaveToDropbox to save it into the cloud, and open it from your PC when you get a chance.
NOTES ON USE:
1) This app requires a Dropbox account. You will be required to authenticate with Dropbox the first time in order to connect SaveToDropbox with Dropbox. You can get a free Dropbox account at http://www.dropbox.com
2) This ONLY will work for apps that support "Open In.." There are thousands of them and more and more apps are supporting it every day. Some apps don't currently support the "Open In..." feature, such as the built-in camera roll app or the iPod app. However, others such as Safari, Mail, Goodreader, and countless others apps do. The number is growing exponentially every day. So please understand, any App that supports "Open In..." will automatically gain the ability to save directly into Dropbox. If you have a feature request or bug to report, just email us, and we will try to take care of it! The best way to help this software continue to get better is to email us directly with your feedback.
Have questions or need support? It's easy, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.1
1) New Logo
2) New graphics
3) New look throughout application!
4) Improved support for special characters
5) Improved support for International characters
6) Updated Dropbox status screen
7) Resolved issues regarding navigation of directories that include special characters
8) Retina Display support
★★ Thank you for all of the great reviews! We appreciate all of the support. The great reviews help make it possible to keep producing new updates to SaveToDropbox
To the guy that said it doesn't work for iPad, you were wrong. It works fine on the iPad, you just need to hold the iPad in the vertical orientation to be able to display properly allowing access to the authentication button.
Where did it add more DB saves?
I can't find anywhere the app added more options to open in DB. And especially didn't add the option in pages app or numbers, which are the ones that need it the most.... Most other places already had the option to open with DB
Save your $ folks. Unless the save to DB description specifically names what u need to have. Another useless app of the 475,000 out of 500,000 apps
Will no longer save to Dropbox
When I try to authenticate Dropbox replies that the method is no longer supported and to contact the developer. Here you go.
Three stars because it once worked so well.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 18, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Robert Johnson
- © 2011 Robert Johnson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.