By Bonnier Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The June/July Issue is Now Available!
• 46 recipes for the greatest summer meals, plus bonus recipes
• Digital-exclusive photo slideshows of a Swedish Midsummer celebration, Nevada’s Burning Man Festival, and more
• Bonus: SAVEUR DRINK supplement, including extra cocktail recipes and video
• As always, our shopping list feature, available for all our recipes in the issue. Just tap on any recipe!
You love the magazine, but have you seen Saveur on the iPad?
The magazine for people who experience the world food first. Saveur provides delicious recipes plus:
• Intriguing news, developments, trends and products from around the world
• Rich and satisfying stories about the cultures and environments in which dishes are created and the people who create them
• Latest and greatest in culinary books reviewed by notable critics and Saveur editors
• Time-honored dishes, sweet or savory, down-home or exotic
• Recipes that emphasize heritage and tradition, home cooking and real food, and evoking flavors from around the world
• Stunning photographs & bonus videos
In this app you will find these features:
• Preview pages from the current issue
• The ability to buy a single issue or subscribe monthly or annually
• Social sharing
• Complete cover-to-cover issue (including all ads)
***Annual subscriptions available
How Subscriptions Work:
You may purchase subscriptions to Saveur through the in-app store. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- 1-month subscription for US$1.99, automatically renewed until canceled
- 1-year subscription (9 issues) for US$19.99, automatically renewed until canceled
AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FEATURE:
What's New in Version 4.1
Based on customer feedback, we’ve updated our app to fix bugs related to crashing and long load times. You still have access to all previously purchased issues and subscriptions. More in this update:
• iOS7 optimized
• Improved video player
• In-app user feedback feature
• Additional performance enhancements
Make sure you have push notifications turned on! We’ll notify you when the latest issue is available to download and enjoy.
As a magazine it has a decent blend of content with supportive ads - as a digital feature it takes advantage of the viewer in an almost abusive way - ads are foremost every other page and content harder to read - and any content designer would think to link the listed web links. Poor implementation at a higher cost than the hard copy magazine.
Do your self a favour and wait till they respect the digital reader for what other magazines and newspapers "get" - a few links within the pages of a PDF file doesn't cut it anymore.
I really enjoy the magazine however, it would be a great addition and perk for all of us loyal followers to have an index for all of the recipes and articles. That way we could find what we are looking for, click on it and boom we have it.
Mobile version incomplete...
I won't pay for this again, even though I pay year after year for the print version. And the mobile site doesn't let me save recipes at all. I get a very long error message. Seems like a classy magazine would want to have a fully functioning mobile site in this mobile era. Too bad it doesn't.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 28, 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 24.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bonnier Corporation
- © 2013 Saveur Magazine, a publication of Bonnier Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Saveur Magazine$1.99
- DRINK 2014Free
- Saveur Magazine$19.99
- June/July 2014$4.99
- August/September 2012$2.99
- January/February 2012$2.99
- March 2012$2.99
- October 2012$2.99
- May 2012$2.99
- June/July 2013$2.99