By Yi Lin Productions
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Simple, is probably the first word that comes to mind when you look at Savings. How can a personal finance app be so simple? And where are all the windows, menus and buttons? What we realized is you don't need all that to keep track of your money. Savings focuses on a few things and does them well. It turns out, that's all you need to manage your money effectively.
Here are some of the things Savings does well:
• Keep track of all your accounts. Bank account, credit card, cash, you name it, Savings handles them all.
• Enter transactions quickly. Enter transactions, complete with splits and notes, with the minimal number of keystrokes. You have to try it to believe it.
• Manage your bills and upcoming transactions, so you will never forget another payment.
• Import transaction files into Savings, and all your entered transactions are reconciled in seconds. OFX, QFX and QIF formats are all supported.
• One-click breakdown report that shows you where your money go and where they come from. Click any category to drill down to see the actual transactions.
• See trends of your overall balance, expenses and incomes, all within a few clicks.
• Create a realistic budget without breaking a sweat. Savings automatically generates a budget for you based on your spending history. Savings is ideal for creating an one-year budget that totals all of your expenses and incomes, so you know how much you will have by the end of the year.
• Savings works equally well in any currency in the world, and you can create accounts in multiple currencies as well.
• A simple category system, that lets you create your own categories on the fly, and group them for better management.
• Instantly find a transaction by typing anything you remember about it into the search field.
Please visit our website to learn more about Savings, and to contact us if you have any questions.
What's New in Version 1.6.1
Fixed a bug that can cause Savings to hang while transaction is being edited. This problem is known to mainly impact users on OS X Mavericks.
Super good for home use… small request though
really good basic power tool to keep rough track of finances. importing transactions from online bank sites is really effective. In the next update, please look into splitting the annual budget so that you can do a 12 month budget with single month view of that budget. i.e. so it is easy to see the amount spent and available in each category for the particular month. thanks and keep up the good work
Saving in the cloud
The app is pretty nice if you need simplicity. Good design. But I need to be able to upload the data on the cloud. What if someone steals my computer? I will lose everything I had carefully inputed all this months? This is crucial, allow DROPBOX synching as soon as possible.