SavingStar - Grocery Savings
By SavingStar, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to save money at the grocery store, but don’t have the time or desire to clip coupons? Use SavingStar to earn cash back on in-store grocery purchases at over 60,000 retail locations. There’s nothing to clip or print! You’ll earn cash back quickly with our exclusive Healthy Offers, Freebies, and big savings on your favorite brands.
Just scan your loyalty card at the grocery store during checkout to redeem offers. For stores without loyalty cards, you’ll take photos of your receipts and submit them to SavingStar. Your savings are automatically added to your SavingStar account. Cash out to PayPal, your bank account, or gift cards when you reach $5!
SavingStar is free and easy to use:
• Save money without the hassle of clipping grocery coupons. Just tap the offers you like!
• Use our One or Many offers to save big (often $5 or more)! No need to buy all at once – purchase across multiple trips, and even across different stores.
• Who says grocery coupons are for unhealthy products? Save 20% on fresh produce with our Healthy Offer of the Week (bananas, apples, tomatoes, and more).
• Get freebies such as ice cream, beverages, candy bars, baking mixes, sugar, and more.
• New deals every week, so check the app often.
• Cash out options include your bank or PayPal account, or to a gift card.
• Link deals to your supermarket and drugstore loyalty cards! For stores without loyalty cards, take a picture of your receipt using our app.
• Earn cash back when you purchase in-store at your favorite supermarkets and drugstores like Walmart, Target, Safeway, Albertsons, Kroger, Stop & Shop, CVS, Meijer, ShopRite and 100+ other grocery chains.
Featured in Parents, Wall St. Journal, Time, and more. Join over 6 million SavingStar members and start saving today.
What's New in Version 5.1.0
• Barcode scanning bug fix.
App Has Greatly Improved Over Time
We've been a SavingStar home since the very beginning of the website/app (or so it seems). I've noticed that the amount & value of the offers have improved over time & the amount of time between receipt submission (or linked card purchase, e.g., RiteAid or CVS) has decreased significantly. The weekly Healthy Offer & the One or Many offers are a favorite of mine and while I miss the weekly Friday Freebie they used to offer, there are still occasionally free offers. I recommend & appreciate this way of adding $ to our family savings. The Customer Service has been easy for me to use too.
Few rebates/coupon offers compared to other apps
The use of the app has been fine. After signing up and adding the stores that I shop, I don't think there is an easier app to use. I simply activate the coupons I think I will need, shop, and be sure to use my loyalty card at checkout. It seems that simple and so far has been. The problem is that many of the coupons are not ones that I would use often, and there are so few coupons to choose from compared to Ibotta and checkout 51 (unless I'm missing something, which I really hope I am). The rebates are also smaller, so it may take some time to accumulate enough to pay out. Sticking with it though. Every penny counts!
Great app, bad customer service.
I do love this app. I add all my rebates weekly and my loyalty cards when I signed up and basically it works itself and I get free money. I love that it only takes $5 to cash out too, whereas many make you wait till you have $20. The only problem is they do not answer customer service inquiries which is why I gave it a 4 star instead of 5. I've sent in 2 or 3 tickets in my time using this app and none of them were ever answered. However, the pros outweigh the cons by a lot, so it's an app I would recommend installing and using.