By Soheil Yasrebi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SayWhat: translator with high quality OCR engine
★ Take an image and quickly translate it into English ★
★ SayWhat is both the most accurate stand-alone OCR app available in the app store and a high-quality translator.
★ NOTE: To ensure the advertised results it is important that you follow the OCR TIPS below.
“It worked great for me! I translated a whole sentence into English!”
“This app is really very good and I find it to be very accurate!”
>> SayWhat users.
SayWhat scans an image using advanced image-processing algorithms to eliminate uneven brightness and shadows and to improve contrast, then uses a powerful translator engine to auto-detect the text in the image and translates it into English. The result is an accurately translated text from an image taken by the iPhone camera.
• Accuracy of 95% for model 3GS, 98% for iPhone 4, and up to 90% for 3G.
• OCR languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian and more
• Document / billboard / flyer text recognition
• Preserves simple text formatting
• Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
• Simple yet powerful user interface
• Automatic language recognition.
★ TIPS FOR OCR:
• Make sure your document is flat and well lit. Hold your iPhone still while shooting. On iPhone 4 force the flash On.
• For iPhone 3G or earlier model, hold the phone at least 10-12 inches away from the document.
• Auto detects text orientation after picture is taken.
• iPhone 4 works with even smaller fonts.
• Glossy paper may not work well (avoid glare).
Useless, app can't even read
Forget translating, this app can't even read. Tried multiple times with sentences in English, and it can't read them. Save you $4.99.
This app is garbage it doesn't even deserve a "star" that is giving it to much credit....... Don't spend $4.99
I paid for an invisible app that works better!
- Category: Utilities
- Released: Nov 18, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Soheil Yasrebi
- © 2010 Soheil Yasrebi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.