sbscare: Improving Patient Outcomes Through Effective Nutritional and Medical Management
sbscare Patient Information App
A patient education decision-making mobile platform, the sbscare Patient Information App provides a streamlined reference tool for health care providers to electronically provide customized patient information to individual patients with short bowel syndrome (SBS) for improved patient care.
The SBS Patient Education App enables providers to profile their patient by choosing options specific to the patient’s intestinal remnant and nutritional status. The App will then select a series of educational components specific to the individual’s needs for the provider’s review, and the provider will be able to e-mail them directly to the patient and patient’s caregivers. To comply with HIPAA regulations, no patient information will be captured.
Patient information developed by health care provider experts in SBS for the patient with or without a colon includes:
• SBS, symptoms, and complications
• Parenteral nutrition complications, weaning, enteral nutrition, and oral feeding
• Tips for self-monitoring and staying on track
This activity is jointly provided by Global Education Group and HealthmattersCME.
This educational activity is supported by an independent medical educational grant from NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc., an indirect subsidiary of Shire North American Group, Inc.
- HEALTHMATTERS COMMUNICATIONS LLC
- 17.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.