Scan & Translate - image Scanner and Translator
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
DOWNLOAD NOW! THE GUARANTEED QUALITY APP! 5 STAR RATED!
Scanner&Translator app extracts texts from any printed sources: documents, books, signs, instructions or announcements and allows to immediately translate them to any of 90 languages.
Take a picture of the text and after the text is recognized, you can immediately edit, hear, translate, share it on Facebook, Twitter, or simply send by email.
Better and faster than any other similar product!
70% cheaper than any other similar app, offered by competitors!
• Recognizes texts in more than 70 languages
• Translates to more than 90 languages
• Reads texts in more than 40 languages
• Full text translation for more than 90 languages (Internet connection is required)
• Listen to the text that has been recognized and translated into more than 40 languages!
• Edit the text, copy it to clipboard, and save in other apps
• Share the text on Facebook, Twitter, or send by email
• All texts are saved in History and can be later recovered at any time
With Scan & Translate app you can easily scan and translate:
• any paper documents
• recipes from cookbooks
• notes and letters
• menus in restaurants, bars, and cafes
• articles from magazines and newspapers
• book parts
• instructions and manuals
• texts on product labels
• road signs as well as signs in airports and stations
• and many more...
How to use the app:
• Select the language of the original text as text recognition language.
• Take a picture of the document (page, instruction, or any other text)
• Press the "Scan" button
• Recognized text will appear on the screen with an option to select the source language and the target (translation) language.
• After you select the language, the original text will be automatically translated and will appear at the bottom of the screen.
• To listen to the translation, press the "Voice" button
Scan & Translate app will digitize and translate any printed text right on your device!
What's New in Version 4.0
Meet the NEW Scan & Translate App!
NICE and more intuitive UI
GREAT NEW features:
- send PDF converted images
- save all your scans within the App Scans Library
- combine text and images into multipage documents
- iCloud synchronization: you will never lose your data again
- iMessage support: make scans directly from iMessage and send
extracted text and translations to your friends
Special thanks to Mads Houpt for help!
Many thanks to everyone for your feedbacks and support!
WE ALWAYS ARE HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU TO MAKE THINGS BETTER!
Imperfect, but Excellent Enough for 5 Stars
While I agree with the reviews that complain about the shortcomings of is software when it comes to the camera and processing multiple columns of writing, particularly in Asian languages, I have to say that despite those issues, this software has been the most useful to me out of anything else I have found. I just process one column at a time. It does a far better job than anything else I have tried at identifying the characters in other writing systems. When it comes to Kanji and Hanzi, it is an amazing feat to have a $3 software that can identify these characters, considering there are over 50,000 characters in written Japanese and Chinese respectively. It can be time-consuming to translate one column at a time, but it works and is very useful. Where current technology stands, this application and software are excellent. As someone trying to learn Japanese, having this resource to help me identify Kanji symbols has been incredibly helpful, and I am grateful.
Worth paying for!
I am a nurse and a student. We have so many poster like educational material that I work in information overload always and people do not speak the same language. This is a great resource to translate our educational material and send via email or print for our patients. I even use it to move information from power point slides in class into study notes strait from the professor. Many sites don't let u copy and paste because of right infringement. This bypasses that and since I paid for the information I can't find any reason why I can't use as I choose for myself in the study notes. Fabulous. When this is able to read scribble from my handwriting - than it would be better than almost perfect.
Thank u for this App!!
Slowing down over time
Have been using this app for about 6 months. After about 70 scans or so, noticed decreased performance. Otherwise would give 5 stars.
Deleted the saved scans, and it improved slightly. I notice the biggest slow down in the camera related steps. The OCR and translation are relatively fast still.
The slow down may be affected by the iOS change that has slowed down the clock speed on iPhone 6 and 7 devices. Regardless, it is frustrating.
I use this app frequently, and have been helping a friend who lost the electronic version of a couple books, one in English and one in German. The scan and OCR capability has been nice to re-generate the electronic version from a printed copy.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 16, 2016
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 102 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Datacom Projects LP
- © Translatoria
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.