Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For the artsy and tech-savvy photographer in you!
Use your iPhone or your iPad to capture stunningly artistic slit-scan images. ScanCamera acts like a scanner, enabling you to sweep an image from your iPhone’s video camera to capture astonishing shots. There is an infinite number of effects that can be created, thanks to how you move your device and the angle with which you sweep the image. The only limit is your photographer’s imagination!
ScanCamera enables you to:
• Create never-before-seen textures and visual effects using slit-scan technique.
• Optional import module (iOS8 only), to perform slit-scan on a video imported from your camera roll.
• Create images at resolution of 1920 x 6480 with full HD devices and 3840 x 12960 with 4k UHD devices.
• Record fast moving objects at speed up to 240fps, depending on device capability.
• Play with non-linear panoramas.
• Capture video frames to transform them into entirely new photographic masterpieces.
• Sweep your device to flip, turn, and stretch your images to create works of art. Distortion and creativity go hand in hand!
• Experiment, experiment, experiment!
With ScanCamera, combine creative freedom with creative control! More features on the way, so stay tuned!
What's New in Version 1.11.1
Fix viewfinder precision problem.
Request for "turntable" mode?
This app is awesome and very practical. I used it to take a picture of a prescription bottle label by rigging up a strong light, a miniature camera tripod for the phone, and the bottle spinning on my turntable at 33 1/3 rpm.
The settings I used were:
- lamp mode center vertical
- scan width 16.
This yielded a scan duration of 2 seconds.
Although the label was usable and legible, there was some overlap and jagged artifacts resulting from the slight periodic difference between ScanCamera and the turntable (2.0 vs 1.8 seconds). I think it would have been improved by matching the scan speed to the rotation period of the table.
Would you consider adding a "turntable" function to the app that would raise the scan rate by 11%? Does the Apple camera API allow you to scan at 120 or 240fps?
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 19, 2016
- Version: 1.11.1
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: David Gagnon
- © Studio-307
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Video Import Module$1.99