Scanner Radio Deluxe
By Gordon Edwards
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Listen to live audio from over 4,400 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (with more being added daily).
* Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
* View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance, by clicking on "Near Me"
* View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).
* View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
* Browse the directory of scanner feeds by location or by genre (public safety, weather, railroad, etc).
* Configure alerts to have the app notify you (via push notifications) when lots of people are listening to a scanner (indicating that something big may be happening).
* Configure alerts to have the app notify you anytime there is a Broadcastify.com alert for one of your favorite scanners or for any scanner.
The audio is provided by volunteers using real scanner radios. If your area is not available it means that no one in your area has volunteered to provide scanner audio for the Broadcastify.com web site (where the app gets the majority of its audio from).
What's New in Version 1.4.4
A couple of additional cosmetic changes.
Good Scanning Radio
This app has a lot going for it, but there are a few bugs that need to be worked out. The first one is that the "APP SUPPORT" button is dead and doesn't work! Second, my reason for support is because my scanner froze on one of my favorites. The "Back" button is missing from the top left corner. Instead, it appears centered on the top line and doesn't work at all. So now, I do not have a "scanner," but a radio stuck on one channel! Fix that and fix the "Alert" problem someone else mentioned and you'll have a fine program.
I’ve used this app for more than a year and it worked very well. I had to reload it after I restored my iPhone and now the Alerts configuration does not work correctly. It doesn’t matter if I have the alerts switched off or up the default to 5000 listeners, I continue to get Broadcastify alerts and listener alerts for 1000 or more. Additionally, setting local scanner alerts for specific feeds doesn’t work - I never get any. PLEASE FIX! And as someone else mentioned, a different alert notification sound would be nice.
Question...LOVE IT...but confused???
I have a question...I have used this app ever since getting my iPhone last year. I have loved it and listened faithfully, especially in bad weather, or when I hear sirens out here in the country. But...recently my local listing just disappeared from my favorites list and from all the listings everywhere??? Any ideas??? Thanks!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 02, 2014
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gordon Edwards
- © 2014 Gordon Edwards
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.