Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 3500 listeners (find out about major events as they're breaking).
• View scanners located nearest you.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners.
• View list of scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access.
• Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below).
Receive a notification anytime:
• ...any scanner in the directory has more than 3500 listeners (configurable).
• ...a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners.
• ...a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify.com and a few other sites using real scanner radios.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
• Balance control is finally here! You can now switch between left & right audio channels. (Only available on dual channel scanners)
• You can now share the scanner you're listening to with others via Facebook, Twitter and more.
• A description of the scanner stream is now displayed on the player page (when available)
• The sleep timer icon now turns orange when it's active so you know when it's enabled
• General UI enhancements
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Developer Response ,
Great App, but....
Developer, I have had a paid subscription to this app for years. Ever since the recent update to the format it now shows ads. Even if I click the "remove ads" button it will say"restore purchases" when I do this it says "purchases restored" but nothing happens. Still ads, and still says remove ads in the upper right hand corner. What's going on? Use this app literally every night for the past 7 years. Until the purchase issue is corrected it gets one star. Developed stated in another comment that he never offered this app for purchase which is a lie. Numerous people have complained that they already purchased the app. Also, I purchased the app on an iPhone which he stated was not possible. No clue what's going on here but I'm going to have to go elsewhere. Something's not right. Making people buy the app within the app versus through the app store is very fishy if not greedy.
Developer Response ,
It's not a lie, I've never created a paid version of this app. If I had, I would have had to give the paid app a different name in order to keep this free version available to people that weren't interested in paying. If I *had* done that (which I haven't), surely you would be using that paid instead of the free version, right? If you need further proof, I recommend searching your e-mail for a receipt from Apple containing my app's name, you won't find one since it's never been possible to purchase the app.
Scanner Radio overview
Fast access into breaking news national headline stories from the front lines. When you listen to alerts, you have a front row seat as police arrive and set up perimeters and search. You’ll hear them discuss how to deal with media and where to set up news interview posts and how the strategically plan to search for shooters.
I was alerted to the tragic shootings in Las Vegas, Pittsburgh and at the country dance hall in Northern California. I over heard a pilot of a major airline on landing approach to Tampa International airport radio the control tower that he “just hit birds.”
Excellent quality overall but depends on the monitoring source.
- GordonEdwards.net LLC
- 23.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 GordonEdwards.net LLC
- In-App Purchases
- feature: Remove Ads $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.