By Fullscreen, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Two years in development... version 4 is ready!
Know what is really going on. Listen in on police and fire crews in your local area!
We blow away the competition with our exclusive features:
* Instant Replay! What did they just say? Pull the slider and hear it again.
* Visual level history. Visual level history lets you see when they were talking. Quickly scan and review what has happened.
* Like Tivo for police radio. Scanner911 is always recording so you can make a permanent copy of what you have heard!
* Edit & upload recordings.
Plus these great features:
* Listen Live. Listen to live police, firefighter, emergency medical, air traffic control, and railroad scanner radio bands.
* Listen while you use other apps.
* Follow the action with a handy police code chart.
* Local and global. Listen in to your town or others in the US, Canada, and Australia!
We offer all the police, fire, EMS, ATC, and railroad scanners of our competitors. (All police scanner apps provide our feeds under license from Broadcastify.)
*** For iPad search for Scanner911 HD ***
"...Scanner911 is the app to have." Chosen as the app of the week by cnet.com (http://j.mp/WFJpE) Also covered on wired.com.
"Just wanted to say I love your app. Bought the full version and got rid of those other crappy scanner apps I had. You put them all to shame. Keep up the good work." - Written in our user forum
What's New in Version 4.0
- Visual level history slider. Makes it way more enjoyable to listen to police radio on your iOS device!
- A few features have been removed as we focused on the visual level slider and a UI overhaul.
- Please consider rating us after you upgrade. We have worked for over 2 years to bring you this version. If you like the improvements, please reward us for our work with a nice review or rating. Thank you!
- Expect another great update soon!
Don't take away features we use!
When we travel, we don't always know what county we're in, or what scanners are available. Taking away the 'scanners near me' function makes the app virtually useless. I was just using it a week ago, and after yesterday's update, I couldn't use it on our holiday outing.
Also, as a visually impaired user, I don't find it helpful to have to scroll (read out loud) an enormous list of states, counties and cities to find something when I don't already know the name. With 'scanners near me, I didn't have to use those lists'.
Finally, you don't do a very good job of cleaning up obsolete scanners. There's a scanner listed for my county that went off the air four years ago, after they converted to digital, and is still showing up on this list. It's not uncommon to find dead scanners on the list.
I like what you guys did with the new upgrade but it would be nice to be able to assign a default scanner feed. For some reason the app starts with Detroit Police every time now. I'm a volunteer firefighter and like a lot of my colleagues we use apps like Scanner 911 to listen to dispatches when our smartphones alert us to a call. It makes wearing a bulky radio pager obsolete. Having to navigate away from Detroit Police (or whatever the default is) to our local feed while running out to a call is a little frustrating. Thanks for all you do to support the first responder community.
Left/right separation critical! Restore old version!
I purchased and have been using this app for years. Your upgrade stripped the 1 feature that set this app apart from every other generic feed scanner program on market. Being able to separate left and right audio, the Feds treat these and primary and secondary audio channels. Your free version is still WAY Better and supports separation of left and right separation however it's crippled ! I paid for and lost a valuable product I used daily for year. The hell guys? Upgrade the API on old version and bring back what we all paid for! Your biggest fan!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 04, 2016
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 23.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fullscreen, LLC
- © Copyright 2009-2016 Fullscreen LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.