By Fullscreen, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We blow away the competition with our exclusive features:
* Instant Replay! Just swipe the slider and hear it again.
* Visual level history. Quickly review channel activity.
* Save and edit and upload recordings.
Plus these great features:
* Listen Live. Listen to live police, firefighter, emergency medical, air traffic control, and railroad scanner radio bands.
* Follow the action with a handy police code chart.
* Local and global. Listen in to your town or others in the US, Canada, and Australia!
We offer all the police, fire, EMS, ATC, and railroad scanners of our competitors. All police scanner apps provide feeds under license from Broadcastify.
*** For iPad search for Scanner911 HD ***
"...Scanner911 is the app to have." Chosen as the app of the week by cnet.com (http://j.mp/WFJpE) Also covered on wired.com.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Visual level history slider. Makes it way more enjoyable to listen to police radio on your iOS device!
- A few features have been removed as we focused on the visual level slider and a UI overhaul.
- Please consider rating us after you upgrade. We have worked for over 2 years to bring you this version. If you like the improvements, please reward us for our work with a nice review or rating. Thank you!
- Expect another great update soon!
Used to be superb; now, not so much
Works well, even usingvoiceover. Or at least it did. with the advent of the "instant replay" feature, a couple of buttons dealing with the instant replay were introduced that VoiceOver couldn't interpret, i.e., the buttons weren't properly labeled. Under iOS5, one can label these buttons and I gave them labels that I thought indicated their function. But when this latest version came out, those labels no longer were present so I will have to relabel them. Irritating from my vantage point.
I would have put this in feedback rather than a review but I can't get the Feedback button to work with VoiceOver -- or at least it sits there saying "in progress", apparently forever, and I can't leave feedback.
Guys, you have visually impaired customers, too! Latest version does not work so well with voiceover. I can't figure out how to add favorites. Some of the buttons don't appear to work with voiceover. As I say, you have visually impaired customers. Send
Don't take away features we use!
When we travel, we don't always know what county we're in, or what scanners are available. Taking away the 'scanners near me' function makes the app virtually useless. I was just using it a week ago, and after yesterday's update, I couldn't use it on our holiday outing.
Also, as a visually impaired user, I don't find it helpful to have to scroll (read out loud) an enormous list of states, counties and cities to find something when I don't already know the name. With 'scanners near me, I didn't have to use those lists'.
Finally, you don't do a very good job of cleaning up obsolete scanners. There's a scanner listed for my county that went off the air four years ago, after they converted to digital, and is still showing up on this list. It's not uncommon to find dead scanners on the list.
Latest upgrade was a step backward
This used to be my go-to scanner app, especially because our local fire feed shares a channel with police, so the "left right" option was essential to listen to only fire traffic. With the last "upgrade", you took that away, which makes the app almost worthless to me now. It's a big "no no" to take away a major feature when you upgrade an app. If you overhaul the software but don't have all features re-implemented, then you are just not ready to release yet. It has been quite a while since this was removed, and still no update to fix what was broken. Hence my 1 star review.
It's also very annoying, and lazy programming, to not save default selections. When I start the app, I do NOT want to listen to Chicago Police when I don't even live in that state!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 04, 2016
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 33.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fullscreen, LLC
- © Copyright 2009-2016 Fullscreen LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.