By Fullscreen, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
We blow away the competition with our exclusive features:
* Instant Replay! Just swipe the slider and hear it again.
* Visual level history. Quickly review channel activity.
* Save and edit and upload recordings.
Plus these great features:
* Listen Live. Listen to live police, firefighter, emergency medical, air traffic control, and railroad scanner radio bands.
* Follow the action with a handy police code chart.
* Local and global. Listen in to your town or others in the US, Canada, and Australia!
We offer all the police, fire, EMS, ATC, and railroad scanners of our competitors. All police scanner apps provide feeds under license from Broadcastify.
*** For iPad search for Scanner911 HD ***
"...Scanner911 is the app to have." Chosen as the app of the week by cnet.com (http://j.mp/WFJpE) Also covered on wired.com.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Visual level history slider. Makes it way more enjoyable to listen to police radio on your iOS device!
- A few features have been removed as we focused on the visual level slider and a UI overhaul.
- Please consider rating us after you upgrade. We have worked for over 2 years to bring you this version. If you like the improvements, please reward us for our work with a nice review or rating. Thank you!
- Expect another great update soon!
Used to be superb; now, not so much
Works well, even usingvoiceover. Or at least it did. with the advent of the "instant replay" feature, a couple of buttons dealing with the instant replay were introduced that VoiceOver couldn't interpret, i.e., the buttons weren't properly labeled. Under iOS5, one can label these buttons and I gave them labels that I thought indicated their function. But when this latest version came out, those labels no longer were present so I will have to relabel them. Irritating from my vantage point.
I would have put this in feedback rather than a review but I can't get the Feedback button to work with VoiceOver -- or at least it sits there saying "in progress", apparently forever, and I can't leave feedback.
Guys, you have visually impaired customers, too! Latest version does not work so well with voiceover. I can't figure out how to add favorites. Some of the buttons don't appear to work with voiceover. As I say, you have visually impaired customers. Send
Don't take away features we use!
When we travel, we don't always know what county we're in, or what scanners are available. Taking away the 'scanners near me' function makes the app virtually useless. I was just using it a week ago, and after yesterday's update, I couldn't use it on our holiday outing.
Also, as a visually impaired user, I don't find it helpful to have to scroll (read out loud) an enormous list of states, counties and cities to find something when I don't already know the name. With 'scanners near me, I didn't have to use those lists'.
Finally, you don't do a very good job of cleaning up obsolete scanners. There's a scanner listed for my county that went off the air four years ago, after they converted to digital, and is still showing up on this list. It's not uncommon to find dead scanners on the list.
Latest update was step backwards
I've used this app for a few years, but it's latest design is a step backwards. I have two big complaints, as do many of the other reviewers on this site. The first is that my departments feed is mixed with another departments, and while I would love to see them split into two separate feeds, I would be happy if I could just have the button back that allowed me to hear only the left channel that my departments feed is on. I would also like to be able to designate my departments feed as my default channel so I always open up to that.
These functions were available in the old version of the app, and they need to be brought back. If they are not, I can't recommend the app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 04, 2016
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 33.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fullscreen, LLC
- © Copyright 2009-2016 Fullscreen LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.