SCD - Protocols
By Heart Rhythm Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Each year more than 350,000 deaths occur as a result of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), also known as Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD). In fact, SCA claims one life every two minutes, taking more lives each year than breast cancer, lung cancer, or AIDS.
The 'Sudden Cardiac Death Primary Prevention Protocols' is an interactive tool intended for health care providers to effectively diagnose and identify recommended optimal therapy strategies for individuals at risk for SCD. The iPhone and iPad versions offer interactive pathways that enable effective identification of high-risk individuals and suggest optimal therapy strategies for improved outcomes.
The 'Sudden Cardiac Death Primary Prevention Protocols' Algorithm App Features:
• An interactive format to navigate the SCD Primary Prevention Protocols
• The ability to email both a customized and full protocol
• The ability to customize dates for the occurrence of MI, OMT initiation, and revascularization to determine potential eligibility for consultation, taking into account applicable ICD waiting periods. These customized outputs can then be emailed or added to the iOS calendar.
What's New in Version 2.0
• Added the ability to customize dates for the occurrence of MI, OMT initiation, and revascularization to determine potential eligibility for consultation, taking into account applicable ICD waiting periods. These custom dates can then be emailed by the user.
• Added the ability to send reminders to the iOS calendar.
• Updated Reimbursement Language.
Good First Try
A step in the right direction. The full protocol is not iPhone optimized (can't zoom it). Also the detail isn't entirely there - would be nice to have as many of our guideline statements (bivpacing, BiVICD indications) relevant to the at risk patient in one site. Still an excellent idea and a good first attempt.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: May 06, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 55.5 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: Heart Rhythm Society
- © Heart Rhythm Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.