The Zaanse Schans is a delightful village on the banks of the river Zaan with characteristic green wooden houses, charming stylized gardens, small hump-backed bridges, tradesmen's workshops, historic windmills and engaging little shops to form a remarkable replica of a typical Zaanse village of the eighteenth and nineteenth century.
The ‘Zaanse Schans App’ offers you an locative media tour about the history of the Zaanse Schans and its region.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We advise you to quit the app when finished.
- Stichting de Zaanse Schans
- 58.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Stichting de Zaanse Schans
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.