By The Buddy System, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Visualize Your Shift Schedule
From Jeff: Please, check the website for a "How To" tutorial, use the in-app email buttons (on the Help tab), or send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't put questions or suggestions in a review -- there's no way for me to reply.
If your schedule varies from week to week, keeping track of your working days can be a chore, and it’s often difficult to quickly figure out when you’ll be on-duty weeks or months in the future.
Scheduler to the rescue! Designed for public-service employees such as police officers, firefighters and health-care workers — anyone who works an unusual but predictable schedule — Scheduler always shows your schedule for the next two years from “today.” Common shift schedules are built-in, such as the “Berkeley” (a.k.a. “California”), “48-96” and “Dupont,” but you can easily change them or create other repeating schedules covering any number of days. See the screenshots (here and on the web site) for some examples. And there’s even a “Doofus” mode for showing irregular schedules (e.g., health-care workers).
If your spouse/partner works a shift schedule, too, you can have that entirely different rotation appear on the calendar with yours. This will help you organize family activities such as vacations and day-care.
• Displays your schedule for the next two years, including vacations and holidays.
• Perfect for public-service workers such as police officers and firefighters.
• Records trades (swaps). Tracks hours earned or owed on a person-by-person basis.
• Formats emails for sending out trade offers and approval requests.
• Maintains a record of your OT hours.
• Tracks your vacation time: automatically computes hours earned and shows weekly balances. Also records and totals sick time.
• Logs “events” with date, time and location — you can edit the title, text, and location details when you have time. Event locations can be mapped.
• Overlays an entirely separate schedule for your spouse/partner to help you coordinate your lives.
• Totals your hours for each week and month, and accounts for trades and vacation days.
• Adjustable colors for shifts, vacations, Kelly days, holidays, etc.
• Mark special days such as Kellys, paydays, “early” shifts, or training days.
• Countdown to retirement.
• Tutorial mode: help and tips for every screen.
1. You *can* enter a custom schedule.
2. You *can* set the text that appears on each day.
3. You *can* enter very long rotations.
4. You *can* superimpose text to mark special days on the calendar.
5. You *can* set bi-weekly repeating events (e.g., for paydays)
6. There *is* a detailed setup tutorial on the website.
7. Visit my website (link below) for more screenshots and help info.
8. Scheduler is complicated. Please don't give up and leave a bad review -- I can't help you that way. Contact me at email@example.com (or using the in-app email button on the Help screen) with questions or comments. I reply to all emails immediately (or within a few hours if I'm sleeping or traveling, which isn't often). If you didn't hear from me promptly, it means there was failure in the Ethernet. Please try again to contact me.
Attention FDNY (firemen): you'll find my other app, FDNY, more useful for FD New York.
Attention: UK bus and train drivers: you might find my other app, UK Rota, more useful.
What's New in Version 5.0.4
(1) bug fix: long-tap for Overtime/Trade causes a freeze.
(2) bug fix: huge vacation and logbook totals when using weekly or bi-weekly accrual.
(3) bug fix: iCal Events in 2015 showing as 2014.
(4) bug fix: meals display is a mess.
As usual, be safe: do an in-app Backup before updating.
The most important app on my phone!
I have been using this calendar app for 3-4 years and it is the most important app on my phone. I am a firefighter with a second job and this app easily allows me to plan accordingly. Adding shift trades, OT, extra days at the second job is a breeze and easy to see in the month view. If you take the time to set it up, it will even keep track of vacation and sick time which is extremely helpful to me. If I have a vacation planned several months ahead I can easily look forward to that date to see if I have enough time to cover it or if I'll need to do trades. If i didn't have this app, I would be lost. I don't know how much it goes for now, but trust me, it is worth every penny!!
Couldn't do without it!
I am an RN with a different schedule every week and accumulate hours for vacation, sick, personal, comp and holidays. This ap keeps track beautifully once it's set up-adds and subtracts hours or days. With a tap of the screen, you can see your balance going forward or back in the calendar. There is so much more than that. Once set up, it is so easy to enter your schedule or anything else you want to enter-by just touching the date. You can see your phone calendar in the ap. it even let's you know how many hours you've worked and when you've reached your max limit on vacation hours.
It may seem a bit daunting at first to set it up but it's worth it. I've been using this ap for a very long time and even when I find that I need something else, like to track comp time, it can do it. The customer service is wonderful. They are quick to answer. Pretty much immediately. Plus they are extremely helpful with any questions about the ap.
It is so difficult keeping track of all the different hours and this ap does it seamlessly.
It is highly recommended!
It's the best calendar App for police, fire and EMS. There is a little learning curve but once you get it......you'll wonder how you lived without it. I have my next two years of work scheduled and can share it or look it up whenever I need to make plans. It also works with my iPhone calendar which makes it even better.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 20, 2014
- Version: 5.0.4
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Buddy System, LLC
- © Copyright 2010 The Buddy System, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.