Control and share access to your home’s Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with the Schlage Sense app.
• This app helps with the installation, setup, and day-to-day use for your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt using Bluetooth Smart.
• Both the app and the deadbolt are designed to work with Apple HomeKit technology or the Schlage System.
• Use the app to update your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt to the latest features
EASY TO PROGRAM & USE
Program and set up all the options available on your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt, such as:
• Manage up to 30 guest access codes and schedules, per lock
• Share codes with guests by sending a text or email within the app without your guest needing a phone, an app, fob, or key
• Configure the built-in alarm to beep when the door senses a slight disturbance such as opening and closing, or sound a loud alarm when a forced entry attempt is detected
• Set the deadbolt auto lock delay time
• Retrieve recent lock events
• Low battery warning
SCHLAGE SENSE WORKS WITH APPLE HOMEKIT
When you pair your Schlage Sense lock with Apple HomeKit, you can:
• Create automations using Apple’s Home app in iOS 10 or later
• Use Siri Voice Control to operate and check status of your lock
• Use the Apple TV or iPad as a Home Hub to lock / unlock your door from anywhere
SCHLAGE SENSE WORKS WITH THE SCHLAGE SYSTEM
When you set up your Schlage Sense lock with the Schlage System, you can:
• Share admin or guest virtual keys with other Schlage Sense app users
• Use the Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter (sold separately) to lock / unlock your door from anywhere and receive push notifications when the lock is used.
All communication between the Schlage Sense app and Smart Deadbolt are encrypted.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Lock “not responding” when out of Bluetooth range
I never write reviews but something had to be said about this alarming issue/problem going on this with lock. As others have mentioned in their reviews, since the IOS 12 update came out, the connectivity of the lock is broken. There is no doubt this is great hardware and has worked pretty consistent in the months leading up to IOS 12. Since then, there is no ability to check the status of your lock when you are away from your house or outside of Bluetooth range. The lock shows up as “ not responding “ and cannot be accessed through the home app or the sense Schlage app. It’s pretty alarming to me cause this does not give any sense of security when you are away from your house, and on the home update, the alert is listed as “urgent”. Very disappointed in this. Please address this issue as soon as possible.
Update: I was doing some research online and someone suggested to perform a hard reset on the lock and it’s too soon to say if it’s truly fixed, but the past two days I’ve been able to access my lock on my home app/Schlage sense app with no issues. I’d recommend this for those having experiencing these issues.
Update Dec 19 : broken once again. Locks are in responsive once away from house
Just updated iOS 12 on iPhone 7
Updated iPhone and used the remote open/lock feature without any issues. I didnt update to iOS 12 for 3 months because I use this lock on a rental and was scared from reading all the reviews dated Dec 8th and earlier. I got an apple watch for Christmas and had to make the call. I tried both locks immediately upon updating and each lock has not had issues so far. I want to make it clear that I have the bridge hardware available through Schlage Sense and not another device, such as, Alexa or Apple. I am happy the updates by both companies are not properly ironed out. I was definitely dreading the update and compatibility.
Buggy, unstable, worst HomeKit Integration
Father of three and have received way too many of the “can you come home and let so and so in, she forgot her key” and hoped to remedy this with Schlage Sense. It is a fine electronic deadbolt IF you use it as a “dumb” device and simply use the physical keypad on the actual lock. If you have some vision of the lock integrating with your HomeKit smart home by say unlocking when you arrive home while your lights turn on, you are in for a disappointment.
I have waded through all the online support forums with other frustrated Schlage customers. Have waited on app updates, firmware updates, iOS updates, all that Schlage said we’re going to fix the issues. I have done every delete and re-install, reset to factory hard reset, etc. The app simply does not work. I have fully committed to HomeKit with many devices and the Schlage Sense is the only one that has given me these headaches.
- Schlage Lock Company, LLC
- 98.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Schlage Lock Company LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.