School Menus by Nutrislice
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This awesome little app makes finding your school’s lunch menu a snap – and encourages the school district to provide more information about the foods they serve. It also helps parents and students provide feedback to their school district about the foods they serve! Finding answers about school foods is now just a touch away.
PLEASE NOTE: Many school districts are not included in the app yet. We are working hard and adding more school districts every day. Millions of students currently have their school's menus in the system. If you'd like your school district to be added, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the benefits of this application:
- Each school menu shows which foods are available that week
- Schools can enter lots of information about the foods they serve, including name, photo, description, nutritional details, allergens, and ingredients. Now you don't have to wonder whether that beef sandwich they're serving this week is the same mystery meat you had for school lunch 20 years ago. You'll know just how healthy and tasty the foods really are! (Please note that not all school districts provide all the data about their foods)
- We store the last 3 school menus you viewed, so you don’t have to keep finding them again.
There are lots more features to this app, but instead of reading about it why don’t you download it and give it a spin!
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
There once was an app named School Lunch
who everyone loved quite a bunch.
But schools as food venues
need an app called School Menus.
We think that’ll have a ton more punch!
- It’s been a fun year so far: new icon, new design, and now a new name: “School Lunch by Nutrislice” is now called “School Menus by Nutrislice” … because schools serve more than just lunch.
- We improved performance: initial load time is 50% faster, and loading new menu pages is about 66% faster. That’s two whole seconds! Don’t spend it all in one place.
- We also did some fancy footwork behind the scenes with upgrades that make everything faster and more durable.
- To support added native features we now require iOS 8.0 or newer.
- The language now defaults to English when no other language is chosen (you did know translations are available in settings, right?)
- We also fixed food lists that appeared incorrectly in some cases.
We regularly roll out new features and improvements, many of which are automatic and require no upgrades. If you ever run into issues or have questions, send us a quick note to email@example.com so our team can jump on it. We’d be happy to help!
Do you love this app? Write us a review! Good reviews are like getting all our vitamins and minerals!
I'm really sick of things like this coming out only to make it MORE difficult for parents. I used to be able to click one link on my browser and have the whole menu for the whole month and be able to plan. NOW I have to download this stupid app, go in and I don't even get the option for a MONTHLY view, not even a WEEKLY view. Nope, just a daily view. If I want to see the whole month I literally have to scroll through the whole ******* month. Between this and the equally stupid myschoolbucks I now have to use just to plan out my kids' lunch, I want to tear my hair out. At the VERY least, there should at least still be a monthly or weekly view option. Where I one had the ability to view and print the whole menu for the month, I now can't even see it. This is ridiculous. I don't even usually rate apps and I wish I could give this less than one star because the whole idea and layout of it makes everything ENTIRELY less convenient. Not that saying anything about it will change anything. But I will still be contacting freshpicks to give them a piece of my mind as well. At least add a monthly view, you do realize that parents need to PLAN these things not just see them day to day, right?
Use app (daily menu); website (monthly menu)
App works fantastic so parents/guardians and kids with smart phones can access daily menus and filter out allergies to create allergen-free menus. (Shortens lunch wait times as the kids can take the time they need to view menus before getting in line!)
If you want to print out a monthly menu for your school then head to the website where you'll find extra features.
Sure it would be nice to have a monthly view via the app, but rather than give a low app rating, have common sense and contact the company directly if you want a new feature. Not fair to bash the app as it works great as designed!
Helpful but please add MSG to allergy filter/ manufacturer ingredients lists!
This is without a doubt a very helpful app that allows me to decide if I'm packing lunch that day or not but I do think it would be a great enhancement to either add mono sodium glutamate (MSG) to the allergen filter or even better (which would be a aid for everyone with all types of allergies) simply including full ingredients lists. That would allow parents the ability / responsibility of reading them to ensure the item in question is safe for their child.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 13, 2016
- Version: 220.127.116.11
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nutrislice, Inc.
- © Nutrislice, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.