Written by an award-winning practicing school psychologist, this thoroughly updated edition reflects the 2015 version of the Praxis Exam in School Psychology. Noted for its concise and efficient outline style with visual keys that indicate what is most important and what needs extra study time, this guide has already helped thousands pass the exam. The bulleted key concepts and lists versus long, drawn-out paragraphs present information in easily digestible segments without sacrificing key information needed to pass the exam. Invaluable study suggestions better prepare readers and build their confidence prior to exam time.
Install the free version today and jump-start your studying!
We have provided a limited free version of the content that you can try before deciding to upgrade. This version includes a limited amount of flashcards.
Get your best value by upgrading to the Premium Version with a one time, in-app purchase. The Premium Version includes lifetime access to:
• 260+ practice test questions
• Detailed explanations
• Aligned with the updated 2015 exam
• 120+ 'Concepts to Remember' lists at the end of each content chapter
• 110+ must-know abbreviations and acronyms
• Hundreds of critical topics
• Unlimited access to ALL categories:
• Professional Practices, Practices That Permeate Service Delivery
• Direct and Indirect services for Children, Families, and Schools
• Systems-Level Services
• School Neuropsychology, Traumatic Brain Injury, and more
• Detailed results tracking
Highlights of the new edition include:
• Reorganized to conform to the four major content areas of the updated 2015 exam
• New Concepts to Remember lists at the end of each content chapter summarize the key points and review additional concepts that are especially helpful to review 2 weeks prior to exam time.
• New Study and Test-Taking Strategies and Insider Tips boxes based on feedback from recent test takers provide tips for studying for and passing the exam from all levels of test-takers
• Updated information on threat and risk assessment, pediatric brain injury and school supports, the DSM-5, school neuropsychological practices and policies
• New key at the beginning of the answer section that links the categories referenced in the answer to the appropriate content chapter for ease of use
• Aligns with "best practices" and recommendations from the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
• With a proven track record of success that has already helped thousands pass the exam, Dr. Thompson was named Colorado School Psychologist of the Year in 2013
Our Customer Success Team is available from 8am to 6pm, Monday - Friday (except on major holidays).
Call us at 319-246-5271 and email us at email@example.com with any questions.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Peter D. Thompson, PhD, is a licensed school psychologist and a long-time member of the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). He has multiple advanced degrees in psychology and holds various leadership positions in the Douglas County School District, which is a district of more than 70 schools in Colorado. Dr. Thompson has extensive training in school neuropsychology, and is currently the school district's traumatic brain injury (TBI) team coordinator. He continues to lend his expertise to several organizations and agencies in the Denver metro area. In 2013, Dr. Thompson was named Colorado School Psychologist of the Year. Dr. Thompson authored the first edition of The School Psychology Licensure Exam Guide in 2004, which is now in its third iteration. He has also written chapters in Brain Injury in Children and Youth: A Manual for Educators (2016) and Concussion Management Guidelines Manual (2015), both published by the Colorado Department of Education.
This version includes a few improvements to make your experience smoother.
Let us know what you think by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a 5-star review.
Ratings and Reviews
Thorough and specific
- Higher Learning Technologies LLC
- 112.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2018 Springer Publishing Company
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Questions $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.