School Psychology Tools
By YoungStone Innovations LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only full-featured app designed by and specifically for School Psychologists that works with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Here’s what people are saying:
“I have used every aspect of this software. I find it critical for the ‘in action’ behavior observation of a child in crisis, psych reports, and keeping track of my contacts with parents and students. There are too many great features to list. The developers are amazing and want to make this an amazing program that serves the needs of psychologists throughout the state. They added features that help many of our colleagues do their job more effectively. Not only do I endorse it as a Psychologist, but I believe simple tools like this are more effective then the generic software districts purchase for the masses of employees.”
Los Angeles Association of School Psychologists - President 2011-12
LAUSD Support Unit North - Psychological Services
“Everything about this app is great! It is user friendly, gives us the tools we need and provides an organization system to keep our evals straight. I plan on using it for all of my evals and recommending it to all of my students. I love this app!”
-Kara E. McGoey, PhD, NCSP
Associate Professor of School Psychology
Dr. McGoey has published over 30 scholarly papers and presented numerous times at national conferences on the topic of behavioral assessment and intervention.
“School Psychology Tools has made a huge impact on my productivity. It is all my sticky notes, to-do lists and reminders in one! This app makes planning and tracking evaluations, conducting classroom observations, scheduling meetings and testing appointments so incredibly easy! I love having student, teacher and parent info as well as due dates at my finger tips. This is a great tool for school psychologists!”
-Bethany Kennedy, Ed.S
- Plan your interventions, evaluations and reevaluations using built-in and fully customizable templates.
- As you check off certain key tasks (such as “Obtain Consent”), the due date and the status of a student are automatically updated accordingly.
- Monitor the status of an individual student, or track deadlines for your entire caseload with ease.
- Change the length of time allowed for completing evaluations and the length of time between reevaluations, depending on the laws of your country or guidelines of your province or school.
- Sort your students by Name, Evaluation Due Date, School, Grade, or Teacher.
- Observe and report multiple behaviors, over multiple days using Interval, Duration, Frequency and ABC direct observation recordings.
- Email or print reports with tables and graphs for easy inclusion in your report.
- Manage frequently occurring tasks (such as “Calls to Make”) using the To-Do List. Give yourself Due Dates for completing individual tasks that can appear on your Calendar.
- Manage events such as meetings and testing appointments from the Calendar, which is kept separate from your personal Calendar.
- View all of today's events, deadlines, and tasks on one page for a quick glance at your day ahead. From the menu, you can easily see how many items remain on your list for today.
- Write a quick Note or record a Voice Note!
- Keep student data secure with privacy features, including data encryption options, that adhere to the NASP Principles for Professional Ethics.
- Use a free Dropbox account to export/import data to securely backup your app in situations of a lost, stolen or damaged device.
- Use helpful Gadgets including a Stopwatch, Normal Distribution Curve Calculator and Age Calculator, all without leaving the app!
Let Us Lighten Your Load.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
- Calendar push! Finally you can push due dates and other events to your main calendar. Go to Settings to enable this feature.
- Enter student information using a web browser. Now you can use our website, specialedhub.com, to input student information, then download it to your app. Input a whole spreadsheet full of students at once. Create your free account now!
- Bug fixes
So much better!
i originally bought this app a couple/few years ago. I ended up being disappointed at the time but now I'm a brand new fan! Being able to upload my whole caseload is so much better than adding students one by one. (Although something strange happened and my birthdays and due dates got all mixed up. But that might have been my error.)
I love the observation abilities and the modifiable smart plans! I do wish that certain things were more integrated though... like I wish that notes and observations were all bundled together so that everything comes up when you sort by student. I wish you didn't have to pause an observation to jot down a quick note... but that it would store the timestamped note right in with the observation data. Also, I wish that a to-do list would automatically be populated by the next step of every open smart plan. But all in all, I'm loving this app!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 13, 2014
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 38.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: YoungStone Innovations LLC
- © 2011-2014 YoungStone Innovations LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.