SchoolCafé connects families to school nutrition.
Parents, manage your child's cafeteria account. Make payments, view purchase history, receive low balance alerts, and view school menus containing nutritional and allergen information for items. For convenience, setup automatic payments to replenish their cafeteria funds. Know what is on the menu at your child's school cafeteria and provide feedback by rating and sharing items. Favorite your child's favorite items and SchoolCafé will send you a notification to let you know when it's on the menu.
Students, use SchoolCafé to check out what's available on the cafeteria menu each day. View nutritional and allergen information to help you make healthy decisions. Use "Make a Tray" to build your meal for the items available that day and see the combined nutrient information. Give your feedback to the school cafeteria by rating items. Favorite specific items on the menu so that you can know when they'll be available in the cafeteria. Connect to your cafeteria account to always know your account balance and have access to your digital ID card.
SchoolCafé, formerly ParentOnline, is powered by PrimeroEdge, the leading school nutrition management software for K-12 school districts in the United States.
SchoolCafé is available for participating schools only.
• Introducing Themes! Now, you can change between SchoolCafé’s Light Theme and Dark Theme by selecting the paint bucket button in the navigation menu at the top of every page. Perfect for when you need to make those late-night payments or check out tomorrow’s menu before going to bed!
• School Menus – Daily View: A new report, View Nutrition Info, has been added to the top of the menu item list for any day where menus have been published. Selecting this button allows you to quickly view all of the items being offered for the day, along with nutritional information.
• Parent Dashboard: For those districts accepting online free-and-reduced meal applications through SchoolCafé, submitting an application for the current school year successfully turns the 'Apply for Benefits' button into a 'View Eligibility Info' button. Selecting this button takes you to the 'My Applications' tab of the 'Eligibility Info' page, allowing you to easily check on the status of your application or view/print your eligibility notifications.
• School Menus (All Views): Now, menu items on each page display in alphabetical order by category, and certain items are no longer displayed in a bold font.
• Password Strength: For your security, a stronger password may now be required when changing your password or creating a new account. A strength meter has been added in these locations to help make sure that your password is strong enough.
Ratings and Reviews
Love School Cafe
I rarely review apps and here I am spending valuable time to give kudos to School Cafe of all things. But this is my favorite app on my phone and that includes FB, IG, Twitter, banking, news, Google Maps, Google Music, Waze, Skype, blah blah blah. I get an email that I need to add money and in under ten seconds I've topped off two student accounts. Oddly but decidedly satisfying. Been using it for years and the redesign has made it even easier. It would be great to see such simplicity with all the technology I use. The fee is definitely worth it.
Developer Response ,
Wow, a great username and an even greater review!!! Thanks for your kind praise and for the motivation, Ding! Hot Pockets. You're makin' us tear up over here :')
We'll try to make it even better!!!
It’s nice to be able to add funds to my child’s school account. Not thrilled with the $1.95 processing fee or the $100 limit (having 3 children I would like to be able to add more at one time!). I do like that we can monitor what our children eat and we can set when we get an alert for low balance. I also see now we have an option to transfer funds or request refund. That’s nice! Overall the app is convenient and easy to use.
One fix away from amazing
I enjoy the ease of using this app. The Touch ID allows me to log in easily and quickly add money to my child’s account with my pre-saved credit card information. The reason I won’t give it 5 stars is because I have three children in school and the $100 limit means I have to add money more often than I’d like. Someone with one child can add $100 to the account but with three children I can’t add more than $33 to their account at a time. It would make more sense to set a max per child.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.