SchoolFood in your hands!
With this latest update, SchoolFood has combined all of its previous mobile app features along with some new ones!
In SchoolFood Feed Your Mind 3.0, you can:
- Submit Review: SchoolFood's menus are completely student-driven. SchoolFood wants to hear what you think! Your feedback influences the menu and helps make it better. SchoolFood is YOUR food. A valid OSIS/Student ID number is required for participation.
- Find Free Summer Meals being served at participating Schools, Pools, Parks, Libraries, SchoolFood Trucks, and NYCHA locations! Hungry? Type in an address or use your current location to find a Free Summer Meal near you! Everyone 18 years old and under is eligible for a Free Summer Meal - NO ID required.
- View Menus. Curious about what's being served today, tomorrow, or next week? Check out the SchoolFood menus and find your favorite dishes and some new ones too!
SchoolFood will continue to work and improve on making this app better for you!
Feed Your Mind all summer with Free Summer Meals! Spread the word with #freesummermeals !
For more information, visit: www.schoolfoodnyc.org.
- We've added multi-language support! Now available in: English, Spanish, Chinese, French, Korean, Arabic, Bengali, Haitian-Creole, Russian, and Urdu.
- We've made some UI changes to accommodate the new languages.
- We've made several bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea, poor execution
Love the idea that we can see the school menus on the phone. But the print is so tiny it is impossible to see and gets distorted when blown up. Also, you can't go to the next month to view it, can only view the current month. Makes it useless as a planning tool.
Who designed this app?
Did they try reading the menu on their phone? What size phone do you think people have? Also, had to call schoolfood to find out which menu to look at. Leaves me with less confidence in school meals and public school in general. Also, every other reviewer has said the same thing so obviously they don't care.
Menu files are illegible
The concept of this app is great and overall organization is good. However the whole point of the app is to be able to read the menus on it. The menus images need to be rendered in a different format so that the end user can see them, especially when enlarging the picture. Please fix this.
- New York City Dept of Education
- 52.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 New York City Dept Of Education
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.