The new SchoolMessenger app gives busy parents, students, and staff a powerful way to stay engaged with their school or district, and connect to each other.
- Easy-to-read inbox that captures all SchoolMessenger notifications, and now two-way teacher-parent-student messages (if enabled by school or district)
- Scrollable notification view to review all phone, email, and text content in a single place
- Detailed preference control allows adjusting notification settings
- Push notifications are available for alerts when school or district sends a message
- For notifications, school or district has SchoolMessenger notification service subscription with SchoolMessenger app enabled
- For notifications, valid email address on file with your school or district
- WiFi or data plan for internet access
- iOS 9+
SchoolMessenger app is not for sending broadcast messages. If you are a SchoolMessenger Communicate notification customer looking to send broadcast messages, please download the SchoolMessenger Admin sender app.
- Support for users who are both teachers and parents.
- PIN option available to SafeArrival-enabled parents for enhanced security.
- Improved navigation and menu.
- Numerous optimizations and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This app had the potential to be great but currently it falls way short. There is no way to switch between children if you have multiple. There are multiple spots for messages all with the same message but no way to know what child the teacher is referencing. The app doesn’t stay logged in and the formatting is obviously not meant for a phone. Please fix this if you are going to market it to schools for a communication tool.
Email preferences not followed!
I’ve set up two email addresses, with different settings, but I keep getting the same emails to both addresses (for a type only one or the other address should be getting). And, the emails have no information appended at the end about unsubscribing, or an email address for help.
App is messed up
1. Who wrote this app? Did anyone do any QA testing? I click on hamburger menu at the top left and I see the non-scrollable endless list with items repeating again and again.
2. How the hell do I change the phone number? My school has different phone number on record - why are you insisting on the number you pulled from my phone?
- Reliance Communications, Inc.
- 73.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SchoolMessenger
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.