The new SchoolMessenger app gives busy parents, students, and staff a powerful way to stay engaged with their school or district, and connect to each other.
- Easy-to-read inbox that captures all SchoolMessenger notifications, and now two-way teacher-parent-student messages (if enabled by school or district)
- Scrollable notification view to review all phone, email, and text content in a single place
- Detailed preference control allows adjusting notification settings
- Push notifications are available for alerts when school or district sends a message
- For notifications, school or district has SchoolMessenger notification service subscription with SchoolMessenger app enabled
- For notifications, valid email address on file with your school or district
- WiFi or data plan for internet access
- iOS 9+
SchoolMessenger app is not for sending broadcast messages. If you are a SchoolMessenger Communicate notification customer looking to send broadcast messages, please download the SchoolMessenger Admin sender app.
- Support for users who are both teachers and parents.
- PIN option available to SafeArrival-enabled parents for enhanced security.
- Improved navigation and menu.
- Numerous optimizations and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs more features...
1. I have to log in every single time I open the app to view messages from teachers. This is extremely frustrating.
2. You cannot send a private message to your child’s teacher. You also have to constantly worry that your messages can be viewed by other parents if you reply to your child’s teacher.
3. It’s constantly showing messages as unread.
4. There is nothing that tells you who can view a “public” message. There seems to be no difference between public messages and private ones.
5. Class Dojo offers several user friendly features that would make this school messenger app better.
Hopefully this app gets updated and made less frustrating to use.
My school district chose School Messenger as our primary communication system between teachers and parents. I can access all parts off the computer, but the app has crashed every single time I’ve tried to use it on my phone (iPhone X). They’ve communicated with the district, who’s communicated with us, that they are working on fixing the known issues. However, it’s September...we started school August 6. I hope it gets fixed soon since this is our point of communication.
Lousy & Embarassing
My district has decided this is to be our primary means of communication between parents/students/teachers. It is absolutely disgraceful. During parent conferences, after finding out some parents weren’t using the app for various “lousy app” related reasons, we tried to open the app and “sell” the parent on it and the darn thing wouldn’t even open. We waited at least 30 minutes to no avail! Talk about embarrassing!! We’ve decided to go back to good old email!!
- Reliance Communications, Inc.
- 73.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SchoolMessenger
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.