By Reliance Communications, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The new SchoolMessenger app gives busy parents, students, and staff a powerful way to stay engaged with their school or district, and connect to each other.
- Easy-to-read inbox that captures all SchoolMessenger notifications, and now two-way teacher-parent-student messages (if enabled by school or district)
- Scrollable notification view to review all phone, email, and text content in a single place
- Detailed preference control allows adjusting notification settings
- Push notifications are available for alerts when school or district sends a message
- For notifications, school or district has SchoolMessenger notification service subscription with SchoolMessenger app enabled
- For notifications, valid email address on file with your school or district
- WiFi or data plan for internet access
- iOS 9+
SchoolMessenger app is not for sending broadcast messages. If you are a SchoolMessenger Communicate notification customer looking to send broadcast messages, please download the SchoolMessenger Admin sender app.
What's New in Version 1.8
· Added roster data integration to better integrate classroom schedules.
· Removed district/school selection upon signup & from Profile menu.
· Teachers can now see and sort groups by registered / unregistered users.
· Teachers can now hide list of recipients.
· Numerous optimizations and bug fixes.
Unable to update info or preferences in the app
1. There is no way to update my contact info through the app. Even the “delete number” option is greyed out and non-responsive when I click on it.
2. When I try to update my preferences on which types of communication I want to receive, there is no way to save the preferences.
This is the lamest school app I’ve tried.
P. S. I’m the communications manager for a private school system. It’s hard to believe that one of the premier school districts in the Kansas City area (SMSD) can’t afford a decently functional app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 14, 2017
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 69.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Reliance Communications, Inc.
- © 2017 SchoolMessenger
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.