Science News Magazine
By Society for Science & the Public
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay up to date on the latest scientific advances with Science News Magazine!
The Science News Magazine app includes the biweekly magazine and real-time news updates from all disciplines of science — from astronomy and physics to biomedicine, neuroscience, genetics, early humans, climate, ecology, animals, environment and more.
Current print/digital subscribers can log in to access issues. You may also purchase issues or subscriptions via the app.
– Current and past issues of Science News Magazine.
– Brilliant replica format, just like the print edition you know and love.
– Text-formatted articles designed for maximum mobile readability.
– Download each issue, then return any time for offline reading.
– Search the archive of available issues.
– Bookmark your favorite articles.
You'll also get real-time updates from ScienceNews.org, featuring our latest news and blogs.
This application is powered by GTxcel, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications and mobile magazine apps.
1 year subscription for $29.99 or a single issue for $1.99.
Subscriptions will start from the most current eCommerce enabled issue going forward for one year from the date of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew via your iTunes account 24-hours prior to the end of your subscription at the rate of $29.99 for one year. You can turn off the auto-renew feature up to 24-hours before the end of your subscription by going to your Account Settings after purchase. Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 34
This major update gives the Science News Magazine app a new look with new features:
- the ability to view in portrait and landscape orientations
- a text-only reader view of each page
- a preview mode for every issue
- seamless access for Science News subscribers
- continuation of iTunes subscriptions.
After updating, iTunes subscribers will need to select “Restore purchases” under Settings to re-download back issues.
Broken app and no one cares
As a reader of this magazine since the seventies, I was excited to shift my subscription online. For the first few years, no problem. THEN ....
A random update and access to ALL my issues disappeared. Restoring doesn't work and SN doesn't follow through with fixing the problem. It is not a login problem or a network problem or whatever. It is a problem with the app that both SN and Apple are responsible for.
Until it is fixed, DO NOT buy your subscription here.
A year or so ago they had a really good app for reading Science News. Then under the guise of 'improving it' they have come out with successive versions, each worse than the last. Basically the font is JUST TOO SMALL. If you have really good eyes you'll probably love it. But it's easier to read the paper version then constantly expanding the print in this one. Too bad they'll have to continue killing trees for me
Broken with iOS 10
Prior to upgrading to iOS 10 this app had a Text mode that let you choose a font size that made reading very easy. This no longer works. Now there is only one, very tiny and barely readable font size and it does even respond to the iOS accessibility feature that allows you to increase the font size.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 29, 2016
- Version: 34
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Society for Science & the Public
- © 2016 Society for Science & the Public
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- SN Prime Subscription$4.99
- SN Prime Subscription$29.99
- December 19 & 26, 2011$2.99
- December 17 & 24, 2012$2.99
- January 2 & 9, 2012$2.99
- December 12, 2011$2.99
- June 17, 2011$1.99
- June 10, 2011$1.99
- July 9, 2012$2.99
- April 2, 2012$2.99