SCMP - Breaking Hong Kong & China News
By South China Morning Post Publishers Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Breaking news notifications - be the first to read about events as they happen.
• Get the latest news from Hong Kong, China, Asia and World brought to you by the award-winning journalists at the South China Morning Post.
• Find out which articles are trending and filter by most read, most shared and most commented.
• Access SCMP magazines on the move including Post Magazine, 48 Hours, Style, Good Eating and Money.
• Share articles, photos and videos via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
• Access Top Stories, Business, Hong Kong, China and Sports news directly on your Apple Watch. Plus receive push notifications directly on the Apple Watch and save articles for later reading on your iPhone.
The SCMP Mobile Edition app has been designed to run on iPhone 5 and above and on OS versions 7 and above.
Subscribers will get unlimited access to SCMP.com, the SCMP Tablet Edition and the SCMP Mobile Editions. The app includes optional subscriptions which are available via in-app purchase:
• Subscribers can choose between a 1 month (30 day) subscription or a 1 year (365) day subscription
• Unlimited access to this app + SCMP.com for HK$138/US$17.99 per month or HK$1,488/US$189.99 per year.
• Payment will be charged to the users iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscriptions will automatically renew unless the user deactivates the auto-renew at least 24-hours prior to the end of their subscription.
• Subscriptions will automatically renew within 24-hours prior to the end of the subscription period at the same price as the original subscription.
• Subscribers may view or manage their subscription and deactivate their auto-renewal at any time within the iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a SCMP.com subscription within the SCMP Mobile Edition.
What's New in Version 2.6.4
Minor bug fixes
This app has been a real disappointment for me. Simply put, it does not work well. There are pop ups that one cannot escape from and poor linking that is slow or just doesn't work. At a time when other major newspapers have working apps, SCMP does not. I am invariably forced to go back to the website (which ironically keeps asking if I would not rather switch to this app). And there is not even an iPad optimized version. I like the newspaper and since I live in the USA reading online is my only option. The subscription is expensive and I expect better.
Way too expensive for an electronic subscription
App itself is just ok. The subscription is unreasonably expensive at HK 137 a month. For them there are no logistics costs for printing and shipping the papers, and the app has ads so I don't understand why you need to pay for a subscription. At least give the user a certain number of free articles per month or give us a free subscription with ads. Unless you're really in love with the paper or need a subscription for class or business. Not worth it. There are better news aps for Asia out there that are free
- Category: News
- Updated: May 19, 2015
- Version: 2.6.4
- Size: 25.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: South China Morning Post Publishers Limited
- © 2014 South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- SCMP.com Subscription$17.99
- SCMP.com Subscription$189.99