Score Creator is a musical composition application that is specially designed for mobile platform. It's a simple but powerful music creation tool that caters your need of writing music on the go.
*** The app's user experience is completely optimized to make composing music on mobile devices easier and faster than ever. No more "tapping and zooming" the screen just to add a music note or a chord symbol. No more "dragging and dropping" from the palette just to add a sharp/flat sign. All you need to do to write a song is just tapping the keyboards (notes and chords) that are literally designed like a text keyboard. COMPOSING MUSIC IS NOW AS SIMPLE AS TEXTING TO YOUR FRIENDS!
*** Apart from being a songwriting app for songwriter, Score Creator also functions as a music teaching and learning assistant tool for music teachers and students. Teachers can teach students how to read musical notation by directly input music notes into the app and play back the song. On the other hand, music learners/players can practice by themselves by notating their favorite songs into the app and play along with their own music instruments.
*** The app is a perfect music maker tool for writing different types of sheet music, including lead sheet, solo instruments, SATB choir, sheet for brass & woodwind bands, ... A handy music writer for many purposes.
- Compose music score. The app supports treble, alto, bass and neutral clefs, with a wide range of notes and music symbols: note duration, time signature, key signature, slurs, ties, ...
- Write lyrics.
- Write chord symbols.
- Multiple tracks with different instruments: piano, guitar, violin, saxophone, drum, flute, horn, tuba, ukulele, mandolin, ... ...
- Score for transposing instruments: saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone), Bb clarinet, Bb trumpet, ...
- Playback sound for each instrument.
- Transpose songs into any key.
- Import songs from MIDI files.
- Change clef, time/key signature and tempo in the middle of a song.
- Export songs to MIDI or MusicXML files so that they can be opened on other apps such as Finale, Encore, MuseScore, Sibelius, ... The files can be copied to your computer or sent via email.
- Send exported MIDI files to other apps.
- Import MIDI files from other apps.
- Export to PDF.
- Editing assistant features: multiple selecting notes, copy & paste, undo & redo, ...
- iCloud storage.
*** UPGRADE THE APP TO FULL VERSION:
There are two ways that you can upgrade the app to full version:
1. Lifetime full version: you pay only once and you can access the full version of the app forever without having to purchase it again. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
2. Three-month full version: you pay for each subscription that allows you to access the full version for 3 months period. The subscriptions work in the following nature:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal is $1.99.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
*** End User License Agreement: The app uses Apple's standard end user license agreement, which can be found at https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/dev/stdeula/
Fix for iCloud storage.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing app. I love it! However, I have a couple things that I think could make it a little better than it already is. (*=important)
First of all, I have a few glitches here and there. Nothing that ruins anything while I’m composing, except for one where I have a 32nd note followed by a quarter note (I’m remaking the 21st Century Fox theme). During playback, the 32nd note plays fine, and then the quarter note plays like a 32nd note and just stops. You hear a quick beep where there should be a longer quarter note. It works fine with 16th notes, it just sounds better with 32nd notes.
*Also, I was wondering if you could go back to the old sounds for trumpet, violin, trombone, and tuba. The new ones I’m not liking a ton because they mess up the sounds of some of the songs I’ve made.*
*I was also wondering if you could add trills and falls (by fall I mean that thing where trumpets start on one notes and fall to another slowly). That sort of thing.*
*One more thing. The slurs, accents, and dynamics don’t actually do anything during playback. You can see them, but you never hear any instruments get quieter or louder, or accent, or slur.*
Besides all those points I LOVE this app!! Keep it up!!
Just One Tiny Problem
There are a lot of great things about the app, I’ll admit. I use this app constantly. However, in the past there were problems with how some instruments sounded, and for the most part it’s fine. However, I find that the clarinets are really quiet, which is a shame because they finally sound like clarinets. Some instruments have problems with sustaining notes for a long period of time (such as the alto saxophone). And the voices. I’m personally not a fan of these choral-style voices, mainly because I arrange a lot of jazz and pop acapella material and these voices make it hard to hear the harmonies correctly and overall don’t work well with the music. Other than that, keep it up. Love the app.
Few more suggestions to bring
I love this app and I want to help make it better by giving you a few suggestions. To begin, adding trills would be nice to have, and even would be to add ritardando (or just rit. ) which is where you slowly slow down the tempo. And if you have a rit. then you should add accelerando which is basically the opposite of ritardando, slowly increase the tempo. Another thing would be to incorporate the dynamics, as in where you can actually hear them. The last thing I wanna suggest is adding Cut-time.
- TRAN PHUONG
- 198.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Phuong Tran
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime full version $11.99
- Three-month full version $1.99
- Full Song Export $3.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.