*** This app was reviewed and rated 4.5/5 on iMedicalApps.com***
This application helps physicians who manage patients at the acute phase of stroke. It contains:
- NIHSS calculator
- rt-PA checklist for inclusion and exclusion criteria according to the American Stroke Association Guidelines
- AHA '2018 guidelines about endovascular treatment
- AHA '2015 guidelines about management of intracerebral hemorrhage
- Time manager: specify the hour of symptoms onset and hospital admission to get au automatic determination of the time to treatment
- ABCD2 score to calculate stroke risk for patients presenting with transient ischemic attacks
- CHA2DS2 VASc score to calculate stroke risk for patients with non valvular atrial fibrillation
- Modified Rankin Scale
**** On Apple Watch ****
- Time manager to determine time to needle
- ABCD2 Score
- CHA2DS2 VASc Score
This app is dedicated to physicians working in the field of neurology or emergency.
It can also be helpful for residents and medical students.
- Added a feature to export NIHSS chart to PDF
- UI optimizations on Apple Watch
Notes et avis
Average NIHSS app
I originally got this app for a neurology rotation while taking stroke call. I wanted an app that could be a bedside tool for a quick NIH stroke scale calculation. This app sort of does that, but to be honest, my PDF print out from the NIH website does a better job. In addition, even MD calc does a better job and it’s not even designed solely for the stroke scale. While I appreciate the aesthetics of this app it’s really an average app in terms of its utility.
For further versions to make it useful to all levels of neurological training:
(1) should include the actual rationale and description for each category of the stroke scale (e.g. level of consciousness and what to look out for and how to assess)
(2) should include the illustrations and word lists for assessment of language and dysarthria
(3) the endovascular section is already out of date in light of the recent DAWN trial (thrombectomy outside 6-8 hour window for LVO)
(4) the tPA checklist could be a bit more user friendly (currently not bulleted and not visually accessible). Maybe make it an actual check list and provide major and minor criteria more clearly.
Réponse du développeur ,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
Many of your comments have been taken into consideration in the latest version of the app.
- Mikael Cohen
- 57.4 Mo
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 MiKe
Prend en charge
Jusqu’à six membres de la famille peuvent utiliser cette app lorsque le partage familial est activé.